Windows 10: Drivers

Discus and support Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I called an HP tech for a question and he came on remotely and did a diagnostic test. He pulled up a page that showed two critical drivers. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emma, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Emma Win User

Drivers

I called an HP tech for a question and he came on remotely and did a diagnostic test. He pulled up a page that showed two critical drivers. I can't find that area on my W8.1 PC. I want to go there to find out what those drivers are for. Any suggestions? I have an HP Envy 700 PC series desktop, model # 700-406, I bought it a month ago.

:)

2. web cam

same issue except there is no imaging device (even hidden files) any longer after loading free windows 10 so drivers can't be updated.

cab drivers, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Integrated Webcam not detected after free Windows 10 installation from Windows 7

After upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 from Windows 7 to free Windows 10 the integrated webcam is no longer detected or listed as imaging device in the device manager.

Attempted following:

* Scan hardware for new devices

* Windows troubleshooter

* Driver scan/updates from Dell website

* Updated BIOS

* RegEdit trick posted on CNET

This registry hack may fix your broken Windows 10 Anniversary Update webcam

Too late to roll back to Windows 7 and would prefer not to. Please advise. Thanks.

cab drivers, Oct 22, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Drivers

I don't understand what you post.

Which drivers are "critical"?

HP supports the 700-406 under Windows 10. The main complication that I see is that you'd need to know your specific hardware configuration, as the laptop seems to offer different choices for some peripherals.

bobkn, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Right click
    Drivers [​IMG]
    , select Device Manager.

fracking4oil, Oct 22, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    In Device Manager see if any device as a yellow ! on it. This means some problem. Right-click on the device and select Properties to see an error description. Then post is here to help you. What exactly was the problem? Why did you contact HP Support?

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  7. Emma Win User
    I don't know what the drivers were, I just had a quick look at letters and numbers. That is why I want to go into the page where he was. The tech said he was doing a diagnostic test and brought up a page with a long list of things. There were two drivers that were showing critical.

Thank you spapakons, I am not not thought of doing that. I am not hooked up to my new computer, but will check for that later. I did check device manager for this W 7 computer and there is an exclamation point on internet access under other devices. Years ago I read that you can delete the one with the notice and reboot and that will fix it. Today things are different. What would you recommend me do about this one. I am not having a problem getting access to the net. I asked for HP support to see if this new computer had an upgrade to W10 on as the clerk told me it did. I wanted to find it and delete it.

Drivers [​IMG]

8. spapakons Win User

Drivers

First you can try to right-click the device, select Update drivers and let Windows Update search. Maybe it can be identified and installed automatically. If Windows Update doesn't find any driver, you have to right-click and go at Properties, then Details. There you can see information about the device. Find the hardware IDs and post them here. You are looking for vendor ID (VID or Ven) and product ID (PID or Dev). They are two four-letter hexadecimal numbers which help identify the model of the device. For instance Intel has vendor ID 8086. If you Google these IDs you can find out what device is that and then look for drivers.

However, if you are thinking about upgrading to Windows 10, maybe you shouldn't worry about this device. Chances are that Windows Update will automatically find and install drivers for it. So I would first upgrade and then check if I need any drivers.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  9. Emma Win User
    Oh, I am not going to upgrade to 10 again, been there done that.

I am familiar with the things you mentioned up to a point. I will try your instructions. Thanks.

Emma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Drivers

1. Drivers - Similar Threads - Drivers

2. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  3. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  5. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  6. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  8. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  9. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  10. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...