Windows 10: Drivers

Discus and support Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok this is a pane I downloaded the new NVidia driver from NVidia . my windows update say I have a NVidia update but its a older driver and it DOWNLOADS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ocir, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ocir Win User

Drivers

Ok this is a pane I downloaded the new NVidia driver from NVidia . my windows update say I have a NVidia update but its a older driver and it DOWNLOADS it. Is there a way to stop this auto downloads so I can pick what I want to update?

:)

2. web cam

same issue except there is no imaging device (even hidden files) any longer after loading free windows 10 so drivers can't be updated.

cab drivers, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Integrated Webcam not detected after free Windows 10 installation from Windows 7

After upgrading Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 from Windows 7 to free Windows 10 the integrated webcam is no longer detected or listed as imaging device in the device manager.

Attempted following:

* Scan hardware for new devices

* Windows troubleshooter

* Driver scan/updates from Dell website

* Updated BIOS

* RegEdit trick posted on CNET

This registry hack may fix your broken Windows 10 Anniversary Update webcam

Too late to roll back to Windows 7 and would prefer not to. Please advise. Thanks.

cab drivers, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Drivers

I saw this behavior on my test machine on kitchen table during the past 2 months.

My fix.
    To not install Windows 10 on my working Windows 7 game machine.
    Not until this sort of issue can be fully controlled by the user.
    There is no excuse to force driver updates on any machine run by a individual.
    Been workign with PC's for over 30 years. It is a well known thing to avoid, unnecessary driver updates, advance with caution.
    MS seems hell bent to ignore things learned in past.

Sorry, that isn't what you need. Perhaps someone knows how to force Win10 to not force driver updates or ignore settings.

DurkaDurkaDurka, Aug 14, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    System control panel. (Hotkeys: hold down the WIndows key, and press the Pause/Break function key.) At upper left of window, "advanced system settings". "hardware" tab. "Device installation settings" button."No, let me choose what to do", "never install driver software from Windows Update".

I'm not sure that it works, but it's there.

bobkn, Aug 14, 2015
  6. ocir Win User
    I well try it when I get home thanks

7. stormy13 Win User
    It does, at least for me on on 10 Pro. After doing what you said this is what I get,

Drivers [​IMG]

Apparently there was an AMD graphics driver update yesterday, but I haven't seen it yet (or any other for that matter).

stormy13, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Drivers

1. Drivers - Similar Threads - Drivers

2. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  3. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  5. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  6. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  8. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  9. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  10. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...