Windows 10: Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...

Discus and support Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiHow do we patch this on MS Surface devices when we don't have the actual intel software that the vulnerability installed in the first place. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ilovepatchingandweneedtop, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...

HiHow do we patch this on MS Surface devices when we don't have the actual intel software that the vulnerability installed in the first place. We have noted that newer builds don't seem to include the affected file. We don't see that we should install a full intel application just to patch this. Can MS provide a patch for this?C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a3ae74cfa6c37d6\ Installed version : 8.6.10401.9906 Fixed version : See vendor advisoryThis is the info from Defender..https://security.microsoft.com/intel-explorer/cves/CVE-2022-29470/description?tid=9a

:)

Ilovepatchingandweneedtop, Feb 27, 2024

2. Driverstore

That day i update intel software update and fill up space to 36.5gb and now is 36.1gb and want to free up space more back to 33over gb. I know i cannot delete files inside driverfolder manually in windows folder but there's a command to check the driverstore list to see inf files which one is old or driverstore tool to also check the list of inf files. But the device driver package is still 0 bytes in disk cleanup tool.

EstherEmily, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Driverstore

I saw driverstore is the second big files in system 32 in spacesniffer. This driverstore folder is 3.9gb. I want to find ways how to delete old files inside driverstore. I want to see the list using dism command for driverstore in command prompt but access denied. And i saw another way to use batch file but i'm too afraid to use it might delete the whole driver. And device driver package is 0 bytes in disk cleanup tool but driverstore is a big files. And I don't know which driver is old if i use pnputil command to delete driver.

EstherEmily, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Roger Win User

Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...

1. Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to... - Similar Threads - Driverstore file needs

2. Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...: HiHow do we patch this on MS Surface devices when we don't have the actual intel software that the vulnerability installed in the first place. We have noted that newer builds don't seem to include the affected file. We don't see that we should install a full intel application...
  3. Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Driverstore file needs to be updated dptf_cpu.inf_amd64_4a on MS Surface devices due to...: HiHow do we patch this on MS Surface devices when we don't have the actual intel software that the vulnerability installed in the first place. We have noted that newer builds don't seem to include the affected file. We don't see that we should install a full intel application...
  4. Driverstore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driverstore: I saw driverstore is the second big files in system 32 in spacesniffer. This driverstore folder is 3.9gb. I want to find ways how to delete old files inside driverstore. I want to see the list using dism command for driverstore in command prompt but access denied. And i saw...
  5. Driverstore

Driverstore: I saw driverstore is the second big files in system 32 in spacesniffer. This driverstore folder is 3.9gb. I want to find ways how to delete old files inside driverstore. I want to see the list using dism command for driverstore in command prompt but access denied. And i saw...
  6. Driver Update on MS Surface Pro 7 fails :-

Driver Update on MS Surface Pro 7 fails :-: I am having an issue with the front camera on my MS Surface Pro 7 it's entry in Device Manager shows "This device cannot start. Code 10 / STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE". I googled a lot and tried misc. things removing and updating camera drivers, checking UEFI settings, etc....
  7. deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know my drivers wont update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know my drivers wont update: i deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know i cant update my drivers and other issuesPlease Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-a-file-from-driverstorefilerepository-and/1fd2bb32-c69f-4f11-88aa-1d8c3e6efc82
  8. deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know my drivers wont update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know my drivers wont update: i deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know i cant update my drivers and other issuesPlease Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-a-file-from-driverstorefilerepository-and/1fd2bb32-c69f-4f11-88aa-1d8c3e6efc82
  9. deleted a file from driverstore/filerepository and know my drivers wont update

10. Reset MS Surface

Reset MS Surface: I have a MS Surface tablet that was purchased through the company I used to work for. The company configured this unit with the corporate security. Now that I have retired I would like to reset this tablet to factory defaults and remove all aspects of the business. I have...