Windows 10: Drives not accessible

Discus and support Drives not accessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have previously used win7. Had an administrator and a guest account. Two dri es were not accessible from the guest account. I set that. Now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Musaiad, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Musaiad Win User

Drives not accessible

I have previously used win7. Had an administrator and a guest account. Two dri es were not accessible from the guest account. I set that. Now i installed a fresh copy of win 10 pro, and now i cant access those drives from the only account i created in win 10. How can i solve it, plz help.

:)

Musaiad, Dec 21, 2015

2. Drives not accessible

Thank you. The last solution u suggested was great and it worked. But there, after that process completes, i had to reopen the properties of that drive, go to security tab, now it shows a box window where i can see the permissions for administrators, then
    i had to add the user may name again to get the access and full control.

Thank you very much.

And also, for your questions ans, i previously restricted the drives for the guest account by unchecking the control allow deny boxes in the properties~security.

Thank you again.

MusaiadHossain, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Drives not accessible

Sorry the solution You have given doesn't work. When I click on the security tab, it doesn't show a list of group or user names. So I can't add EVERYONE or give EVERYONE full permission. And in the advanced settings I haven't find any relevant options. Please
    suggest me some other way.

Thank you.

MusaiadHossain, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Drives not accessible

Hello Musaiad, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If these are data drives, then see if using "Take Ownership" on them may help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

If the drives were encrypted with BitLocker, and you are now locked out, then nothing will help unless you have the BitLocker password or recovery key for it.

Brink, Dec 21, 2015
Thema:

Drives not accessible

1. Drives not accessible - Similar Threads - Drives accessible

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting: this has been going on since yesterday , windows is up-to-date as of 03/17/2024 , I read a ton of similar complaints in here going way back to 2014, is Bitlocker this BUGGY still ? any ideas if this will ever end ? and anyway to increase the process in process lasso to high...
  6. I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting

I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting: this has been going on since yesterday , windows is up-to-date as of 03/17/2024 , I read a ton of similar complaints in here going way back to 2014, is Bitlocker this BUGGY still ? any ideas if this will ever end ? and anyway to increase the process in process lasso to high...
  7. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  8. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  9. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible

After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible: After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives both C &D are not accessible though i can see them. It says not responding even if I right click to scan or double click to open...