Windows 10: Drop in overall PC performance

Discus and support Drop in overall PC performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello So a while ago i had a problem where after a bluescreen, my pc refused to boot. I took it for repairs and i got told it was an electrical issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ebi91, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ebi91 Win User

Drop in overall PC performance

Hello

So a while ago i had a problem where after a bluescreen, my pc refused to boot. I took it for repairs and i got told it was an electrical issue in the power box. It was replaced and i thought it was the end of it.

But since then my PC's performance noticeably dropped. Slower file reading, slow start up, disk usage maxes over nothing, memory at 50% even though im only using chrome.

I understand that im running a mid-range pc, but it wasnt like that at first. I was wondering if there is something i can or perhaps some internal parts got damaged in the process.

My specs:

Windows 10

Inter i7

8gb ram

Nvidia Geoforce 1050 Ti

asus prime b250m-a motherboard

I'm getting an SSD soon so i hope it will help at least.

Thanks

:)

Ebi91, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Drop in overall PC performance

Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Drop in overall PC performance

1. Drop in overall PC performance - Similar Threads - Drop overall performance

2. Weird Performance drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Performance drop: Hi, I've been playing on my laptop for about 2-3 years now and it didn't seem to have big performance issues. However, as it stands since a few weeks ago, the performance dropped in the device. I gave it to repair quite recently due to a short circuit, yet the GPU and CPU...
  3. Weird Performance drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Performance drop: Hi, I've been playing on my laptop for about 2-3 years now and it didn't seem to have big performance issues. However, as it stands since a few weeks ago, the performance dropped in the device. I gave it to repair quite recently due to a short circuit, yet the GPU and CPU...
  4. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  5. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  6. Weird performance drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird performance drop: This used to never happen to me. My game is constantly getting 15 or under FPS, when I usually get 60 with the same amount of CPU, GPU and Memory usage. Also even if I restart the game it will still have the same problem, and I actually have to restart the whole laptop. Even...
  7. Weird performance drop

Weird performance drop: This used to never happen to me. My game is constantly getting 15 or under FPS, when I usually get 60 with the same amount of CPU, GPU and Memory usage. Also even if I restart the game it will still have the same problem, and I actually have to restart the whole laptop. Even...
  8. Sudden drop in my PC performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden drop in my PC performance.: I have an hp laptop with intel i5 8th gen, 8 gb ram, amd radeon R7 M340, windows 10. I usually use my laptop for playing games. Few weeks back my laptop started slowing down, i tired to fix it by deleting closing some background apps and deletind some applications i do not...
  9. BSOD and overall lack in performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and overall lack in performance: Hello, I just re-installed Windows 7 on my computer 3 days ago, essentially starting from scratch again with the removal of all my files (exceptions being the ones I stored to a flash drive), and decided to try Windows 10. Ever since I built this PC 3 years ago, I have...
  10. BSOD and overall lack in performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD and overall lack in performance: Hello, I just re-installed Windows 7 on my computer 3 days ago, essentially starting from scratch again with the removal of all my files (exceptions being the ones I stored to a flash drive), and decided to try Windows 10. Ever since I built this PC 3 years ago, I have...