Windows 10: Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here

Discus and support Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Dropbox app for Windows 10 will begin rolling out in the Windows Store this week as a free download for Windows 10 customers. [img] Dropbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here

Source: Dropbox for Windows 10 is here | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  2. alexberry Win User

Hi. I've been using Dropbox (3.12.5) on Windows 10 for ages without any issues. Is this new Windows Store App any different or better? If it is, should I uninstall the existing desktop client and install from fresh from the Windows Store?

:)

alexberry, Jan 20, 2016
  3. st_bus Win User
    Switching to another cloud storage provider

there is an official dropbox app in the windows 10 store. It's available for desktop and mobile.

find it here

Gr,

S.

st_bus, Jan 20, 2016
  4. MystBlyss Win User

Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working - How do I fix this ??

Hi Harriet,

If you do have a problem with the reinstall for Dropbox on 10 (not knowing where you downloaded from). I included in one of my posts on here that if you go to the microsoft app store they have a download for dropbox. That is where I installed from after
    finding that it was the issue and got my Windows 10 working again.

If installing it doesn't work...you can still store things in Dropbox, just not run the app. Just go to the site on your computer/laptop.

Good Luck

MystBlyss, Jan 20, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    My advice would be to continue using the desktop client. The new UWP app does not do automatic syncing. The desktop client will sync all my Dropbox files locally and automatically. My hard disk contains a full replica of my Dropbox files and any changes I make to that replica are automatically and transparently pushed to the cloud.

philc43, Jan 21, 2016
  6. Ghost82 Win User
    Well, I like the app. It goes perfectly well and I don't have to worry about de-activate the default sync. I dont depend on a browser. Perfect.

Ghost82, Jan 21, 2016
  7. I'll just carry on with the Dropbox I've been using on 10 for ages, I love the ability to take photos on my phone which go to Dropbox so I can post them on forums when needed.

Joan Archer, Jan 21, 2016
  8. Inundated Win User

Same here. I have no need for a Windows Store app.

Tried the Windows Store version of VLC, gave up on it, and went scurrying back to the regular Windows version.

Inundated, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Sorry, ignorant question here: what would DropBox give me that OneDrive does not?

Both are cloud storage solutions *Confused

FrozenCursor, Jan 23, 2016
  10. mart44 Win User
    In my case, having Dropbox means I can view/access content that other family members have put in the Cloud from any phone or tablet they use (non-Microsoft perhaps). If they use Dropbox, it becomes useful to me as well.

mart44, Jan 23, 2016
  11. I would have thought that Apple's iCloud users have public folders for sharing files with Windows and other computer users, just like OneDrive users have public folders for sharing files with the rest of the world.

Perhaps some Linux users don't have a native cloud storage solution and would use DropBox or similar services.

But if the OS has a native cloud storage solution, why use a third party service? Run out of space? Some special features? Just curious...

FrozenCursor, Jan 23, 2016
  12. mart44 Win User
    I have a computer with a Linux OS. Dropbox is installed on it, so handy for that ...but I don't think there has to be a reason for using Dropbox does there? It's just an option. We could have perhaps used something else but didn't.

mart44, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dropbox app for Windows 10 is here - Similar Threads - Dropbox app here

2. How to access Dropbox in the photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access Dropbox in the photos app: I've just got a new Windows 11 laptop. Previously I had Windows Photo Gallery where I could access Dropbox from the left hand side. Now I have the Photos app which seems to me to be a huge step back. Please can someone tell me how I now view Dropbox other than separately...
  3. How to access Dropbox in the photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access Dropbox in the photos app: I've just got a new Windows 11 laptop. Previously I had Windows Photo Gallery where I could access Dropbox from the left hand side. Now I have the Photos app which seems to me to be a huge step back. Please can someone tell me how I now view Dropbox other than separately...
  4. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox: Is anyone having trouble loading Dropbox in 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/a8bdabee-073d-480a-87a9-b8c0a85bd179
  5. dropbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dropbox: Need to know how to install dropbox into my old computer. Tried several times it won't allow it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/2c50b4b0-bcf4-4bd8-8e16-478e41ada1c4
  6. Downloading Wrong Dropbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading Wrong Dropbox App: Does anyone else have the problem of downloading Dropbox for S Mode when all you want to download is Dropbox? My computer is not an S Mode computer ... I've checked several times. When I download Dropbox from the Microsoft Store it is always the S Mode version and that does...
  7. dropbox windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    dropbox windows 10: how do i disable dropbox automatically trying to download photos each time my camera is plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox-windows-10/458d77d3-f3e8-49b7-b445-8606a343ba6a
  8. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox: Dropbox will not allow me to share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/8d75d65c-8757-4abd-bdf3-5d337734ea2b"
  9. New Dropbox Desktop App for Windows and Mac

in Windows 10 News
    New Dropbox Desktop App for Windows and Mac: WRrBE28KTXI It’s pretty amazing how much technology helps us accomplish at work. Things that used to take days now take hours, and many small tasks—like updating a spreadsheet cell—are as easy as they should be. Still, these advances in technology have created a new set of...
  10. Dropbox and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropbox and Windows 10: When I try to add a share person, windows gives message they can not find that email/person. The person and email are in my contact folder in my preferred email (yahoo) and I am using Firefox. How do I fix this? I.E., add a person to share in Dropbox and actually work?...