Windows 10: Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords

Discus and support Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Dropbox is asking users to change their old passwords as part of a "preventative measure". In a blog post, the file-sharing and cloud storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords

Read more: Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords | ZDNet

See also: Resetting passwords to keep your files safe | | Dropbox Blog

:)

Brink, Aug 25, 2016
  2. nugentjjc Win User

turn off password protected file sharing

an old reply helped with password protected sharing: thanks to Brian Hoffe

QUOTE I've figured out how to reset the guest password in Vista Home Premium:

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories > Right-click on "Command Prompt" and then left-click on "Run as Administrator"

At the command prompt, type net user guest *

You will then see: Type a password for the user: Hit Enter

You will then see: Retype the password to confirm: Hit Enter

These actions will remove the previous password for the guest account. Once this is done, you can disable the Password protected sharing in the Network & Sharing window in Vista Home Premium.

UNQUOTE

nugentjjc, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Recover account pass word reg

You can try creating a new User and reset your password there then login your old account with the new password.

CourageDog, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords

1. Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords - Similar Threads - Dropbox prompts users

2. Is there a way to retrieve old passwords after a user has reset their password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to retrieve old passwords after a user has reset their password?: I have an non-admin account on a Acer laptop running Windows 10. I don't have the password, but I do have the answers to the reset questions. What I want to know is, if I reset the password to a new password, can I retrieve the old password I forget from wherever it used to...
  3. Is there a way to retrieve old passwords after a user has reset their password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve old passwords after a user has reset their password?: I have an non-admin account on a Acer laptop running Windows 10. I don't have the password, but I do have the answers to the reset questions. What I want to know is, if I reset the password to a new password, can I retrieve the old password I forget from wherever it used to...
  4. Is there a way to retrieve old passwords after a user has reset their password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to get user message to be prompted while resetting windows password like password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get user message to be prompted while resetting windows password like password...: Hi Team,We have set group policy password complexity and 18 character password. While we entered Ctrl +Alt+Del user password change window page we need the message to be prompted like 18 digit character with password complexity user need to set the password.Thanksveerendra...
  6. How to get user message to be prompted while resetting windows password like password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get user message to be prompted while resetting windows password like password...: Hi Team,We have set group policy password complexity and 18 character password. While we entered Ctrl +Alt+Del user password change window page we need the message to be prompted like 18 digit character with password complexity user need to set the password.Thanksveerendra...
  7. Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user: Hello I have a laptop registered in auto pilot that was originally enrolled by a user whose login name has subsequently changed. The auto pilot process keeps bringing the device to the login prompt for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have the correct...
  8. user password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user password reset: Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she...
  9. User Account Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....
  10. user name and password prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    user name and password prompt: mail.comcast.net keeps asking me to enter my user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/user-name-and-password-prompt/43c75e41-bbcf-4f00-be05-711c9db8ee10