Windows 10: Dropbox Sounds won't quit

Discus and support Dropbox Sounds won't quit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm moving some photos around in my Dropbox and it rings at me every time I make a change. I've disabled notifications in Dropbox settings. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hymanwallace, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Dropbox Sounds won't quit

I'm moving some photos around in my Dropbox and it rings at me every time I make a change.

I've disabled notifications in Dropbox settings.
    I've disabled Dropbox notifications in Windows 10 notifications.

I've even muted the sound on my laptop.

This does not happen when I delete or move files in File Explorer.
    The mute is in effect when I play a video.

(I can kill the Dropbox process and have some peace. I'm waiting now to see if turning it back on will revert the test changes I made.)

Is this familiar to anyone? Is there a fix?
    I could

:)

hymanwallace, Sep 23, 2017
  2. DJamesF Win User

Windows 10 Stuttering Sound/Video

I HAVE THE ANSWER...!!!

I saw this elsewhere and tried it. UNinstall DropBox, reboot and BINGO the sound plays normally. It appears to be a problem with DropBox. I told DropBox in their forum. I did this on two computers and both immediately responded with totally
    normal sound.

So, try it. If you do not have DropBox installed and you have stuttering sound, then, I have nothing to say. I fixed my 2 PCs and sound works just fine on both... immediately.

There is some interrupts going on with DropBox which causes the sound to stutter and the mouse too (when the sound stutters the mouse does too.

DJamesF, Sep 23, 2017
  3. DJamesF Win User
    Windows 10 Audio Stutter

I HAVE THE ANSWER...!!!

I saw this elsewhere and tried it. UNinstall DropBox, reboot and BINGO the sound plays normally. It appears to be a problem with DropBox. I told DropBox in their forum.

I did this on two computers and both immediately responded with totally normal sound.

So, try it. If you do not have DropBox installed and you have stuttering sound, then, I have nothing to say. I fixed my 2 PCs and sound works just fine on both... immediately.

There is some interrupts going on with DropBox which causes the sound to stutter and the mouse too (when the sound stutters the mouse does too.

DJamesF, Sep 23, 2017
Thema:

Dropbox Sounds won't quit

1. Dropbox Sounds won't quit - Similar Threads - Dropbox Sounds won't

2. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox: Is anyone having trouble loading Dropbox in 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/a8bdabee-073d-480a-87a9-b8c0a85bd179
  3. How to get out and quit DropBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get out and quit DropBox: I've installed the DropBox app and synced Documents and Pictures folders. Now I cannot find files in their old places and retrieve them. I'd like to get rid of DropBox. I have just my PC and no mobile devices. How can I return all my files back into Library Documents and...
  4. DropBox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DropBox: what is the best way of copying a video cd personal into dropbox?. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/06f0a360-b6d5-4701-9e12-cdf5071f6f9a
  5. OOBSETTINGS error that just won't quit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OOBSETTINGS error that just won't quit: Hi, I've been trying unsuccessfully for several hours to try to get my Dell laptop to boot. I've tried everything suggested in other strings and articles on the web. Trying booting from USB but Windows begins starting up before I have a chance to hit F12 to change the...
  6. sound quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound quit working: windows 10 new user, sound quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-quit-working/aa387d8c-879e-40ff-8be1-2adcf203c7d7
  7. dropbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dropbox: Need to know how to install dropbox into my old computer. Tried several times it won't allow it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/2c50b4b0-bcf4-4bd8-8e16-478e41ada1c4
  8. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox: Dropbox will not allow me to share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/8d75d65c-8757-4abd-bdf3-5d337734ea2b"
  9. Sound quit working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound quit working?: Hi Last night my sound just quit working. I went through everything and they all said that my sound was working correctly, but no sound came out. Rebooted still the same thing, checked all my plugs, Device Manager, tested etc. No sound. All dialogs said this device...
  10. Sound quit working, Again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound quit working, Again?: Hi I posted about this before, but once again my sound quit working. Last night when I shut down my computer it was working, this morning when I booted up it wasn't. I restarted a couple of times (which has worked before when this happened sometimes) but no luck....