Windows 10: DrUpdate.dll How many does it take

Discus and support DrUpdate.dll How many does it take in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've got six of these in the Windows folder, and one in Windows.old. It's the only file in Windows.old. All have different sizes, sigs, dates, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TerryD, Aug 27, 2015.

1. TerryD Win User

DrUpdate.dll How many does it take

I've got six of these in the Windows folder, and one in Windows.old. It's the only file in Windows.old. All have different sizes, sigs, dates, etc. Can't delete it (Trusted Installer). When I did, system would not boot. Clue? My worry is that they are all different, maybe infected?

:)

TerryD, Aug 27, 2015
  2. dan2381 Win User

Nokia 5800 MX How many user accounts does it take to communicate with Nokia?

Hi All,

New to Nokia phones. I am surprised and frustrated at how many accounts I have had to set up to get things done. So far 4:

1/ MyNokia

2/ Support discussion boards

3/ Nokia Email Messaging

4/ Ovi

All with different username rules and passwords.

Does this seem dumb? Would it not be simpler to have one username account?

Regards, Dan.

OS v50.0.005

dan2381, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Nokia 5800 MX How many user accounts does it take to communicate with Nokia?

1/ MyNokia

2/ Support discussion boards

3/ Nokia Email Messaging

4/ Ovi

I joined none of them and my phone worked optional to join and I used the same details on each .

If one join up put you in to each of the four accounts you would get just as many whimpering that they did not want to join all four .

jje

jjegan---01, Aug 27, 2015
  4. DrUpdate.dll How many does it take

They are suppose to be there. Leave them be.
    You should never delete anything in the Windows folder, esp in the WinSxS folder.

logicearth, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Got you beat, I have 9 of them:

DrUpdate.dll How many does it take [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 28, 2015
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    It is normal to see such apparent duplicate filenames in the Windows folder. The situation here is far more complex than is immediately apparent. Deletion or modification of any kind in the Windows folder or any of it's sub folders is strictly off limits unless you really understand what you are doing. There is no room for guesswork here. Windows tries hard to protect these files but an elevated admin account can override this if necessary. But you had better be right.

LMiller7, Aug 28, 2015
  7. TerryD Win User
    Well, I can understand all that. What I can't understand is why the system would be using the file in windows.old? And why, when I ran disk cleanup - system files, this is the only file left. I've been using windows since the 95 release, so I pretty much have had enough disasters that I shy away from messing with the windows folder. But Windows.old?

TerryD, Aug 28, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

I got 5 of these DrUpdate.dll in mine. Anyone know what they are by any chance. ??
    Nevermind I just checked its a Driver servicing tool by MS *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 28, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    This is the windows.old folder not the actual Windows one. If hes happy that all his software and Windows in general is running ok, he should consider running cleanmgr as per this tutorial.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    I think Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 is buggy, has been since release. I've also reported this to MS, even had 2 MS techs on my computer to show them. It reports files to delete, that are no longer on your HD. But....it stills finds them tells you that they are their, and.....they do not exist.

OldMike65, Aug 28, 2015
  11. swarfega Win User
    hmm interesting, didn't know about this. Its why I prefer running 3rd party tools like ccleaner in this case.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2015
  12. TerryD Win User
    That's what got me in trouble. Ran Ccleaner, it deleted the file, couldn't boot. Had to restore.

TerryD, Aug 28, 2015
  13. TerryD Win User

I backed down to 8.1, re-upgraded to 10, ran cleanup, and the entire windows.old was deleted. Also, it's interesting that the latest install has Cortana off, initially. And Windows Search Indexer isn't even in the services list.

TerryD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DrUpdate.dll How many does it take - Similar Threads - DrUpdate dll many

2. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  3. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  4. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  6. How long does format take?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long does format take?: I have a corrupt C: partition with around 180 GB size. I'm about to format this partition to install a new windows 10 from installation media. How long does this take? 181939
  7. How Long Does An Upgrade Take.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Long Does An Upgrade Take.: How long does it usually take for a reboot/upgrade to finish if it's done from the factory? Is it more than a day or so, I am just looking for answers on this so I don't have to go mad from waiting. 177310
  8. How many years does this take? And if i turn of my pc will it be okay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many years does this take? And if i turn of my pc will it be okay?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luaykashef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv33yh/how_many_years_does_this_take_and_if_i_turn_of_my/
  9. How many days does it take for ReadAloud to download from the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How many days does it take for ReadAloud to download from the Microsoft Store?: How many days does it take for ReadAloud to download from the Microsoft Store? Why can't I download from other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox?...
  10. Drive Scanning Process Taking Many Many Many Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive Scanning Process Taking Many Many Many Hours: Hello! Recently, the wireless keyboard that was connected to my computer (A Dell Studio XPS 435t with Windows 10 Home) via USB stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries, but it still didn't work. To fix this, I connected an old wired keyboard to the computer, which...