Windows 10: DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.

Discus and support DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I previously had issues with my PS4 controller not being recognized correctly on my pc, and found a fix on a windows support page but it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoganJ.., Aug 5, 2018.

1. LoganJ.. Win User

DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.

I previously had issues with my PS4 controller not being recognized correctly on my pc, and found a fix on a windows support page but it's not something a lot know about, so it's hard to find again.

It was a small three lettered abbreviation that i would run through "run", opening a window showing me how my bluetooth devices, possibly all input devices, were recognized on my pc. I was able to change my ps4 controller to a vjoy device and more.

If someone has heard of this or knows something please let me know.

cpl jpl crt cpl vtj AHHHHHHHH!

:)

LoganJ.., Aug 5, 2018
  2. GrayManta Win User

PS4 controller won't work with PC

I was playing games on PS4 controller but yesterday it stopped working. i was using Input Mapper software to emulate x360 controller.

PS4 controller is wired. Games that can use DS4 won't work either with it.

GrayManta, Aug 5, 2018
  3. GrayManta Win User
    PS4 controller won't work with PC

The only problem is that the windows os can't detect controller correctly. I think that this is windows' or dual shock's fault. Games that can be played with ds4 can't detect it either.

GrayManta, Aug 5, 2018
  4. DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.

DS4 Controller and windows-(Bluetooth issues)

Hello I'm Deidre and I'm a average PC gamer, I've had my HP Pavilion Desktop for a while now:

580-023w -Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 and Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) 1 x 1 technology-

LONG STORY VERSION:

Just until recently I've wanted a controller a controller for my video games, the DS4 ps4 controller.

I bought one off amazon and was very joyed when it arrived, i played for 3-4 days until it died from not being plugged in (The Bluetooth was working)

And it wasn't until recently when i plugged it into my pc to charge did it stop working....i let it charge for a full day.

When i went back to play with it, here was the issue: I'd turn it on and it would connect immediately (As normal) the issue was it had a different color bar color than normal (The original factory color is blue, i change mine to pink...when i turned it on
    it was blue...Not good) I knew something was up, i waited a few seconds and my PC told me it was registering..."setting up your controller"(Or something of the sorts) while doing so i questioned everything i did in the past week for it to rest or whatever
    it could be, or maybe i was reading to deeply into it...So, it had set up my controller but when it asked me to pair...i accepted, it turned off my controller and didnt connect at all.

Since then I've tried all the processes below, It's made me regret my purchase of the controller and windows 10 for my gaming PC's OS...( I heard controllers work better on windows 7, Windows 10 just refuses...)

SHORT STORY VERSION:

New controller (DS4) Bluetooth worked for a week then it kicked the bucket, only working with usb...i need bluetooth, i play on my couch...not at the desk of a computer.

It wont connect now, it will...but when it tries to pair it turns off the controller and says it's connected...only a few seconds later it disables the image of it actually being connected to the pc.

Tried using the DS4 windows app...only works for USB...want Bluetooth.

Things i did to try to fix it:

-Uninstall then reinstall my Bluetooth drivers.

-Rollback my Bluetooth drivers

-Reset the controller from the back

-When it paired and acted like it was connected i spammed the power button on my controller to see if i could fool the process that was turning it off...that failed.

-Mess with device manager for the properties of the controller and the Bluetooth....no succession.

DeidreThe Strange, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10.

1. DS4/PS4 Controller not recognized correctly. PC. Windows 10. - Similar Threads - DS4 PS4 Controller

2. My ps4 controller is not being recognized by my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ps4 controller is not being recognized by my pc: I plug my ps4 controller into my pc and then the controller flashed the orange light once and is not recognized by steam or ds4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ps4-controller-is-not-being-recognized-by-my-pc/753ed0df-e70e-422b-8aa0-e2c855f7e73c
  3. Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller

Windows recognizing PS4 controller as Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would how Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout which is very frustrating and I need to figure the controls myself which takes a lot of time....
  4. My PC didn't recognize my PS4 Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC didn't recognize my PS4 Controller: Hello!I have a problem, I want to connect my PS4 dualshock controller to my computer, but for some reason it detects the speakers itself, but not the game controller, which is quite interesting, because I used to play with the same controller for PS remote play and other...
  5. DS4 program doesn't recognize my already connected PS4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DS4 program doesn't recognize my already connected PS4 controller: Dear All,I got myself a new PC build. However, I would like to connect my ps4 controller via usb to play FIFA 22, normally on my old laptop I was just plugging in using the same usb wire or connecting via Bluetooth and once I open DS4 the controller is recognized in the...
  6. DS4 program doesn't recognize my already connected PS4 controller

DS4 program doesn't recognize my already connected PS4 controller: Dear All,I got myself a new PC build. However, I would like to connect my ps4 controller via usb to play FIFA 22, normally on my old laptop I was just plugging in using the same usb wire or connecting via Bluetooth and once I open DS4 the controller is recognized in the...
  7. PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller is not recognized anymore: Hello, I have been playing games with PS4 controller on my computer for few years now, sometimes I needed a help of DS4widnows utility, but these days, Win10 just installed and worked with my controller just fine without any need of interference. Today after a month time off...
  8. Computer not recognizing ps4 controller

Computer not recognizing ps4 controller: Hello, I am attempting to connect a ps4 dualshock controller to my PC via a Micro-USB cable from the front of the controller into a USB slot on my motherboard. However, when I plug it in, nothing happens. The device isnt listed in the control panel or any other places on my...
  9. PS4 controllers, DS4, doesnt pair in wirelles

PS4 controllers, DS4, doesnt pair in wirelles: Hi I'm having a problem trying to pair 2 DS5 contrllers to my pc. I bought 2 of them and a dongle, it was working fine, but for another reason I had to format my pc, then I reinstalled the program I use for connecting DS4 controllers inputmapper and it worked just one time,...
  10. ps4 controller Not recognized

in Windows 10 Customization
    ps4 controller Not recognized: iv been trying to connect my ps4 controller to my pc running windows 10 via usb. whenever i plug it in nothing happens and when i click the power button on the controller it just flashes blue. when i go to device manager, under game controller there is nothing. iv tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps4 controller not recognized on pc

2. wirted ps4 controller not working windows 10

3. ps4 controller on pc being recognized as xbox

4. ds4 windows 10,
  5. ds4 controller windows 10,
  6. ds4 controller not detected by ds4 driver,
  7. fortnite not detecting steam ps4,
  8. ps4 controller not recognized pc,
  9. windows 10 not recognizing ps4 controller,
  10. wired ps4 controller not staying connected to pc,
  11. pc not reconoising ps4 controller,