Windows 10: DSR Game resolution moving desktop shortcuts

Discus and support DSR Game resolution moving desktop shortcuts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My monitor is a native 1080p monitor so I have my desktop set at 1920 x 1080 however when I launch a game like BF1/Rainbow six siege... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by briand88, Feb 7, 2017.

1. briand88 Win User

DSR Game resolution moving desktop shortcuts

Hi everyone.

My monitor is a native 1080p monitor so I have my desktop set at 1920 x 1080

however when I launch a game like BF1/Rainbow six siege I have the screen resolution at 2560 x 1440 however a new issue has arisen since updating to windows 10 Anniversary update which was not installed previously, when I close or alt tab out a game with a higher resolutions set i.e 2560 x 1440 all my desktop icons are moving where as before they stayed where they were when I closed the game or even if i Alt Tabbed out. It's like the resolutions not refreshing between desktop and the game.

I have tried In selecting and deselecting allign icons to grid both ticked and unticked but when I close the game or alt tab everything moves and that's it's "new location" so to speak. Any help would be much appreciated I have heard of software for saving desktop icon location but not interested in this if there is a fix out there that anyone knows off I'm open to any suggestions at this point for such a small stupid thing it really does annoy the hell out of me.

Thanks again

Brian

:)

briand88, Feb 7, 2017
  2. Loquitis Win User

DSR won't work after newest windows 10 pro upgrade

So i use DSR for some of my games to get a little more visible area in my games when only using a 1080p monitor/tv. this hasnt been a problem until the most recent upgrade to windows 10 pro..... i have to turn dsr back on as for some reason windows took
    it upon itself to change my settings without permission..... and now even though i have turned DRS back on and selected only the resolutions i wanted, i still cannot select these resolutions in game anymore... i can manually set the resolution to one of my
    DSR's through the nvidia geforce experience app yet it does nothing as the setting gets overwritten by windows/the game as soon as i load up

makes me want to install linux

does anyone else know the possible causes to this and or a fix?

***Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate category***

Loquitis, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Royafuta Win User
    ReCore exit to desktop

this problem happened to me cause i tried to put the game in higher resolution using DSR technology, i refunded the game and got it on a new account and picked full HD resolution and now it's work.

Royafuta, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Juku Win User

Maybe you could try setting it to 1920 x 1080?

Thema:

1. DSR Game resolution moving desktop shortcuts - Similar Threads - DSR Game resolution

2. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  3. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  4. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.: So I play CSGO at 1440x1080, I don't like playing at 16:9 but suddenly I can't enter the game without changing the resolution for the whole desktop to 1440x1080 manually, while before I would just click the game, it would automatically resize and I could play, but now I have...
  5. desktop shortcuts have moved up screen

desktop shortcuts have moved up screen: I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem but recently i switched from a 1080p tv screen to a 4k tv screen as a monitor. For a few days everything was fine until i changed a few sizing settings to get everything to a usable size. all of a sudden my shortcut icons...
  6. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  7. Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar: I have regularly pinned desktop shortcut icons to my taskbar simply by dragging them there. Currently I have one otherwise ordinary desktop icon which refuses to even offer me the option of being pinned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?...
  8. Nvidia Dsr Factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Dsr Factors: I want to disable the DSR but when I restore the settings or manually unselect everything and hit apply the dsr settings just come back can anyone help me fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-dsr-factors/4205130c-45c1-4eaf-bc7b-b54ccb613bf7
  9. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173
  10. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop shortcut set resolution game