Windows 10: DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586

Discus and support DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have just downloaded and installed the new Windows 10 build, and cannot get 5.1 surround sound to work. Before this update I was unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ocman76, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ocman76 Win User

DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed the new Windows 10 build, and cannot get 5.1 surround sound to work. Before this update I was unable to play the test tone for DTS Interactive. I now can play the test tone, but only 2 of my speakers actually play their tones, so 5.1 is still not working.

I just tried installing what I think is the latest driver from Realtek, Version 6.01.7541. Would this be the latest version?

Am I doing something wrong, or has this well known issue still not been fixed? I am aware this issue was identified as a Microsoft bug and the rumour was that the new build (10586) was going to fix it...

Thanks!

:)

Ocman76, Nov 16, 2015
  2. clfw Win User

DTS (5.1) still not working on windows 10 built 10586

hi!

I have just downloaded and installed the new Windows 10 build, and still cannot get 5.1 surround sound to work. Before this update I was unable to play the test tone for DTS Interactive. I now can play the test tone, but only 2 of my speakers actually
    play their tones, so 5.1 is still not working.

I just tried installing what I think is the latest driver from Realtek, Version 6.01.7541. Would this be the latest version?

Am I doing something wrong, or has this well known issue still not been fixed?

1. I cannot "configure" my speaker system for 5.1 surround sound because it is connected through an optical audio cable.

2. Microsoft sound troubleshooter is not able to troubleshoot sound problems through an optical cable.

3. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the most up to date realtek drivers.

4. The problem is not that I don't have sound, its that I only get 2 channels instead of 5.1.

I feel you do not understand my original question, has DTS Interactive for surround sound been fixed in windows 10 build 10586 or not?

PS: My motherboard is asus z97a

3. Ocman76 Win User
    DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new Windows 10 Build 10586

Hello Rajeshwari,

I appreciate you trying to help but I have already tried all of the suggestions you noted.

1. I cannot "configure" my speaker system for 5.1 surround sound because it is connected through an optical audio cable.

2. Microsoft sound troubleshooter is not able to troubleshoot sound problems through an optical cable.

3. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the most up to date realtek drivers.

4. The problem is not that I don't have sound, its that I only get 2 channels instead of 5.1.

I feel you do not understand my original question, has DTS Interactive for surround sound been fixed in windows 10 build 10586 or not?

Ocman76, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586

1. DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) still not working on new build 10586 - Similar Threads - DTS Interactive Surround

2. DTS still not working after 2 months.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DTS still not working after 2 months.: Like it says. No support. No help. Nothing has ventured forward. I've given up. Don't even bother replying. The new update today didn't do anything. I'm just putting it put there so people can see how broken this thing really is....
  3. Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any Windows 10 build after initial 1803 breaks DTS Interactive: Hi guys, so this is the issue, I've seen it alot while I was searching but I thought I could put it in words with what I'm experiencing. For the past few years, I've been using Optical on from my onboard device, using DTS Interactive to get 5.1ch audio directly from a home...
  4. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  5. Issues with Activation on Build 10586

Issues with Activation on Build 10586: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I have been upgrading some machines within my workplace onto windows 10. Using build 10240 I had to set the netsh winhttp proxy - to use our proxy server in order to activate windows. This worked flawlessly and would activate straight...
  6. Build 10586

Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  7. This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...: I recently replaced the faulty hard drive on my laptop. I reinstalled Windows 10. I am now getting this message "THIS BUILD OF WINDOWS WILL EXPIRE SOON" Your build of Windows will expire on 5/1/2017. If it expires, your PC will restart every few hours. Go online for more...
  8. Sysprep Clean 10586 Build

Sysprep Clean 10586 Build: I'm having trouble creating a new clean image with Windows 10 1511 (build 10586). Here are my steps: 1) Download the install using Media Creation Tool (10586) - save to USB drive 2) Install Windows 10 (10586) on a test PC from USB drive 3) At OOBE, CTRL-SHIFT-F3 to get...
  9. Unable to update to Build 10586

Unable to update to Build 10586: I tried updating normally using Windows Update. It fails in less than 10 seconds. I tried using Media Creation Tool. It downloads the update, but at the end it fails again and tell me restart my PC and try again. I tried deleting the files at...
  10. Build 10586: Icons flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 10586: Icons flickering: After upgrading to this build, all of the icons and notification center flicker every few seconds. When I click on the Start button, the start menu will open after a while. I've reported this to MS, has anyone else seen this issue? 28915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dts interactive 5.1 not working

2. dts interactive gaming 5.1