Windows 10: Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen

Discus and support Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This is my second time of installing tech. preview build #9926, this time I installed it correctly (on a newly created partition on my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davy49, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Davy49 Win User

Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen

Hi,
    This is my second time of installing tech. preview build #9926, this time I installed it correctly (on a newly created partition on my hard drive). The first time I installed it I had the same issue that I'm having now..but as I'm a senior citizen (and glad to be one)..I can't remember what I did to correct this issue. All I remember is this, to skip having to always enter my password on the login screen, I just went into the area where it shows 'require all user's to use a password' and un-check the box, then I entered my account password..and at least now I fixed that issue, but now have dual account image's on the welcome screen. As I remember..I had to go into the registry to correct the dual image issue..has anyone else encountered this ??
    Thanks,
    David *Huh

:)

Davy49, Mar 1, 2015
  2. kknjap Win User

language on lock screen windows 10

You can see "Welcome screen and system accounts" check box in the picture below.

Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen [​IMG]

kknjap, Mar 1, 2015
  3. Lock screen image not displaying in sign in/welcome screen

It is a minor issue and I think it may be because I don't have a password. Perhaps the sign in screen and the welcome screen are two different things? It is in fact occuring on both my laptops. It has happened has on and off for a long time. On reflection
    I don't think it is worth pursuing. Thank you all the same.

Steven Kiernan, Mar 1, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

There's nothing you can do right now to fix that issue, it's occurring to everyone who chooses to use that option.

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2015
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi BunnyJ,
    What a catchy user name..I'll look for that elsewhere on the 'net' and post my findings back in here, it's an 'easy' fix.
    David *Wink

Davy49, Mar 1, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    Please, post back your findings. It may help others.

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 1, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree, I don't think there is a fix out yet for that bug.. but I could be wrong,.

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2015
  8. Davy49 Win User

Davy49, Mar 1, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I can't find any of that.. could you post a few screen shots please, TIA

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2015
  10. labeeman Win User
    Here is where it is.
    Control panel> Administrative tools>Local Security policy>Local policies>Security options>Interactive Logon: do not display last user name

Sign in with User Name and Password in Windows 8

labeeman, Mar 1, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. I found it!! *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2015
  12. Davy49 Win User
    Hi All,
    So glad other user's in here are helping each other..I tried to do a 'screen capture' using 10 tech. preview, I never could get it to 'capture' the image so I could share it with everyone.
    David *Sad

Davy49, Mar 1, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

No big deal.. I found what I needed and it works just fine for me. Thanks for the work. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    Thanks Davy49, Great tip! This was so simple I wonder why MS didn't fix this in one of the updates.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok, I found a bug when you do this. When you have a browser or any app/program you can no longer see the task bar and you can't make adjustments to the task bar and save them.

I reverted back to the default and the issue is resolved

BunnyJ, Mar 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen - Similar Threads - Dual Account Image's

2. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen: Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local...
  3. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen: Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local...
  4. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  6. Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen: Running Windows 10, 1809 latest updates. I wanted to set an account photo on my wife's PC. It's a Local account and the PC is set up to boot directly to the desktop without going through a log in screen. Before reaching the desktop, the Welcome screen appears for a few...
  7. Welcome screen?

Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  8. Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

Welcome Screen Background Image Gone: I just updated to 1607 and that changed everything. One of the things I tried to do was remove the welcome screen. All that ended up doing was removing the background picture, and replacing it with a solid color. [img] This is what it used to look like. I use auto...
  9. No account picture on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No account picture on welcome screen: Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786
  10. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215