Windows 10: Dual Boot Backup and Restore

Discus and support Dual Boot Backup and Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Im not !00% sure or confident enough to try and back up my dual boot Win10 and Win7 on the same SSD Drive with 4 partitions. Do I have to backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Smokes68, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Smokes68 Win User

Dual Boot Backup and Restore

Hi
    Im not !00% sure or confident enough to try and back up my dual boot Win10 and Win7 on the same SSD Drive with 4 partitions.

Do I have to backup system reserved partition? can I backup leaving rollback working dual boot or should it be removed then reinstall when both operating systems are restored?

Thanks
    Smokes

Is there any options to add a second operating system\PC to the bottom of the page?

:)

Smokes68, Jan 18, 2017

2. How to Backup windows and restore it whenever i want to install windows

If you use the built in backup utility and dont dual boot you wont have a windows OS to restore the backup.

Your best bet is to use a 3rd party app like Acronis true image home ($$) and creating an acronis boot disk to restore from.

I recommend dual booting for a myriad of reasons

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 18, 2017
  3. Teclast tbook restore dual boot menu

"Teclast tbook 16 power" after windows updates, the dual boot menu gone. How to restore the dual boot menu and boot into android. Thanks.

danielLAM98, Jan 18, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If it were me, I would use Macrium Reflect Free and just make an image of the entire SSD:
    Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Jan 19, 2017
  5. Smokes68 Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Do I have to uninstall Rollback RX from both operating systems every time I want to a full backup or differential?

Smokes68, Jan 19, 2017
  6. NO - With Macruim your making a point in time image of the entire SSD, all partitions. MR does not care what Rollback RX is doing. You can also perform a Differential backup to match against the full backup made previously. In case of a disaster (Hardware or software caused), boot from the MR recovery PE disk (made initially after install of MR) and you can then recover/restore one or all partitions from the image of your SSD.

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Boot Backup and Restore - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Backup

2. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: So I am trying to use Windows backup and restore tool on my Sony Vaio laptop and I can't get it to work someone please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/82ca9cbf-e2a1-4116-83d7-002735c2c3be
  3. Restore Registry Backup With PC Not Booting

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Registry Backup With PC Not Booting: Windows 10 (64Bit) If a PC's registry is backed up to a USB flash drive and after messing with the registry, for some reason, it won't boot normally. How do you restore the registry's backed up image? If I run a LiveCD (USB), that will only run with the portable Windows. The...
  4. Restore Registry Backup With PC Not Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Registry Backup With PC Not Booting: Windows 10 (64Bit) If a PC's registry is backed up to a USB flash drive and after messing with the registry, for some reason, it won't boot normally. How do you restore the registry's backed up image? If I run a LiveCD (USB), that will only run with the portable Windows. The...
  5. how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot

how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot: Ihave a newer amacabook Pro which I have it as a dual boot with Windows 10. Had some physical damage and after the repair had to restore the Mac OS backupwith dual boot and Windows 10. Problem is I had a separate Windows full image backup and dont know how to restore the...
  6. backup and restore

backup and restore: Why won't Windows 10 Backup and Restore Windows 7 backup to a usb flash drive and yet it will back up to a usb portable hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-restore/102cb00f-7a92-443f-986c-01090b36d99d
  7. How to Verify Windows Image Backup Restore in a Dual Boot PC?

How to Verify Windows Image Backup Restore in a Dual Boot PC?: I am dual booting Win 8.1 Pro (original) with Win 10 Pro (Added) on a single Samsung SSD on my desktop PC. The default OS for boot up is Win 10 Pro, however I usually work in Win 8.1 Pro by manually switching to it at the blue boot menu at startup. As the rule, Windows always...
  8. System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

System Restore in Dual Boot Environment: I have noticed during those times when I have needed to resort to System Restore to fix a problem, either the System Restore failed or the Restore Points I had created previously were gone. When I am in the System Protection (System Restore) window for Windows 7, my boot...
  9. Restoring backup

Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393
  10. Dual Boot Setup 10 and 8.1 and 10 and 7 using image backup / restore

Dual Boot Setup 10 and 8.1 and 10 and 7 using image backup / restore: I have multiple computers with Dual Boot setups and have questions about the correct way to do system image backups to be able to restore only one OS in event of issues. After cloning hard drive that already had dual boot with 10 and 7 working successfully, the new hard drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot windows backup