Windows 10: Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS

Discus and support Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, the scenario is: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for experiments C: can see D: but cannot see E: E: cannot see C: and D: I want to apply... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pipppero2007, May 14, 2017.

1. Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS

Hi,

the scenario is:

C: Win 10
    D: Data
    E: Win 10 for experiments

C: can see D: but cannot see E:
    E: cannot see C: and D:

I want to apply BitLocker only for C: and D: while E: can remain without it.

Is that possible? Both C: and E: has quick boot disabled.

Also, is Bitlocker related to a OS or to hard disks? I mean, I can even use Bitlocker for all my OSs in the system or Bitlocker is related to the single OS?

:)

Pipppero2007, May 14, 2017

2. Can I just use my Windows 7/8.1 key to get an upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi there,

Does this also cover dual boot machines with Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 on? So on a dual boot machine can only one OS be upgraded?

Cheers,

Gary

GaryMarkFuller, May 14, 2017
  3. Can I use Bitlocker with Dual-Boot setup?

Thanks, I just learned to install Windows first and then encrypt with Bitlocker and then create a separate partition for Linux within Windows. I got the full procedure here in case somebody has the same question

https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/dual-boot-bitlocker-device

✨Fancy Rat✨, May 14, 2017
Thema:

Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS

1. Dual boot but BitLocker only in one OS - Similar Threads - Dual boot BitLocker

2. Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS: Hello all,I have 2 nvme SSDs on my system that each contains its own Windows installation, one with Windows 10, one with Windows 11.I bought the second SSD a few months back, installed Windows 11 on it, and it works like a charm. However, I am always prompted with the select...
  3. Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Windows OS system cannot boot with only one OS: Hello all,I have 2 nvme SSDs on my system that each contains its own Windows installation, one with Windows 10, one with Windows 11.I bought the second SSD a few months back, installed Windows 11 on it, and it works like a charm. However, I am always prompted with the select...
  4. dual boot one broken but only one partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot one broken but only one partition: 2015 i bought a laptop with win8 on it. when it was time, i updated to winX. Now at startup, i get to choose dual boot. i never gave it much thought tbo. then my harddrive died 2020 and i gave it to a shop to fix it useless idiot, i had to get the filehistory/image back on...
  5. dual boot one broken but only one partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual boot one broken but only one partition: 2015 i bought a laptop with win8 on it. when it was time, i updated to winX. Now at startup, i get to choose dual boot. i never gave it much thought tbo. then my harddrive died 2020 and i gave it to a shop to fix it useless idiot, i had to get the filehistory/image back on...
  6. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  7. Dual-boot with Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual-boot with Bitlocker?: I have a ThinkPad T60 with Windows XP and Windows 10 dual-booted on it, using the regular Windows 10 boot manager. If I try to encrypt the drive will it mess my installations up? Will it encrypt both the XP and 10 partitions or just the 10 partition? submitted by...
  8. Dual boot and shared partition with RO access for only one OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot and shared partition with RO access for only one OS: Hello, I've been stuck for a while and I'm looking for help. For a specific usage (...) on a laptop (Integrity protection on an OS partition while another OS is running and hypervisor was not suitable) I had to create several partions on ONE single SSD Drive in order to :...
  9. Tricky problem - Uniting Dual Boot into one OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tricky problem - Uniting Dual Boot into one OS: I had Window 7 installed on an SSD (call it A). I also have an HDD. I used to install some of the softwares on C: drive (the OS drive, A) and some on the HDD drive. I bought a new, bigger, SSD (call it B) and installed Window 10 on it (fresh install). I now want to...
  10. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot differnt os with one bitlocker drive

2. dual boot bitlocker one system