Windows 10: dual boot configuration

Discus and support dual boot configuration in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for aplication tests How to block disk access from one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amadora, Jul 28, 2017.

1. amadora Win User

dual boot configuration

Hello,

I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10:
    C: Win 10
    D: Data
    E: Win 10 for aplication tests

How to block disk access from one installation to another?

C: can see D: but cannot see and access E:
    E: cannot see and access C: and D:

Thanks

:)

amadora, Jul 28, 2017
  2. hot-moose Win User

dual boot configuration

hello , I have Nokia windows phone and wish to dual install the Linux arm kernel

2.6.24 from the Ubuntu version included with the sharp netwalker. Mine no longer works but my window

s phone apparently has the resources to handle the additional software. Question I have is how will this affect the service plan and warrenty for the telephone plus will the kernel help to free the hardware from the proprietary evil the conglomerates have
    inflicted this poor little device with?

hot-moose, Jul 28, 2017
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    dual boot configuration

Sorry, Windows Phones do not support dual booting operating systems.

[ Pete ], Jul 28, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

dual boot configuration

Hi, @amadora ! Welcome to Tenforums!

That's fairly simple. You "hide" the partitions. Like this:

When booted to either one, they will appear as "C", the other as some other drive letter, and vice-versa.

When booted to each, change this reg entry to "hide" the other letter. Here is an example of a .reg file. The dword value of 1 means to make it "offline", 0 to make it "online". When it is "offline", the drive letter is not available or seen by Windows, therefore cannot be accessed via Explorer or normal system functions. It is hidden.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\Offline] "\\DosDevices\\L:"=dword:00000001[/quote] Copy the code above into an empty .txt file and modify as needed with Notepad. Save the file as .reg, not .txt. Then merge it into the registry.

Note: You will need to reboot for it to take effect.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
Thema:

dual boot configuration

1. dual boot configuration - Similar Threads - dual boot configuration

2. Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration: I have a dual monitor setup and I'm trying to not have to buy Display Fusion. Does anyone know if it's possible in stock windows 10 to remove the startmeny icon and clock from the secondary monitor taskbar whilst keeping the taskbar itself? i.e make it empty. I use it to...
  3. Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors: I tried searching for info on the forum, but I guess it doesn't like Pale Moon as I got no (0) results for several queries. At TAFE, several rooms have dual monitor PCs set up with W10 (b10240) installed. There is one decent monitor and one small monitor. Each monitor...
  4. Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot: Hi, I am have a Win10 and an XP box. I recently tried the XP drive in the box which to date has run Win10. XP booted wittout any issue and I spent some time to install the current system drivers and the system seems stable. So I'd now like to mount the two drives in the...
  5. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has installed Fedora alongside Win 10 and how easy it actually is? I've done it before with Opensuse but I know yast don't play well with Windows. I've read that Fedora works great alongside Windows but I haven't tried to...
  6. Dual Booting

Dual Booting: Hello, I am trying to do a dual boot with windows 10 on my main drive, then Linux on my other one. The one with Windows 10 is a SATA. And the other drive I will be putting Linux on is a IDE drive. Can someone let me know what is the best configuration is for this kind...
  7. Dual booting set up in System Configuration

Dual booting set up in System Configuration: Just getting to grips with W10 and noticed that dual booting can be set up in System Configuration-boot. This was the case in XP, I think or was a previous version. Bit late now as I have easybcd on W7 drive. Before you ask I have never had a successful install where W10...
  8. dual booting

dual booting: Hi. I would like to dual booting windows 7 and windows 10. I would like install W10 on a second hd. Is that possible? My PC has an additional drive bay, which I would install W10. I really do not understand about the licensing agreement. How does not work? I am in the Insider...
  9. Dual Boot?

Dual Boot?: I don't want to lose my Windows 7 so I want to buy Windows 10 (Which way is the best way to buy it?) then put it on another hard drive and dual boot. My Windows 7 has a BIOS and Windows 10 uses UEFI so how can I use a dual boot? In my BIOS is say's "Legacy and BIOS" or just...
  10. Dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot: For those who like to play around with Linux Ubuntu, and Kubuntu 14.4 are out in both 32 and 64 bit modes. Loading the 64 bit mode into VMWare 10 Workstation at this time. . .enjoy. 1558