Windows 10: dual boot configuration

Discus and support dual boot configuration in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for aplication tests How to block disk access from one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amadora, Jul 28, 2017.

1. amadora Win User

dual boot configuration

Hello,

I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10:
    C: Win 10
    D: Data
    E: Win 10 for aplication tests

How to block disk access from one installation to another?

C: can see D: but cannot see and access E:
    E: cannot see and access C: and D:

Thanks

:)

amadora, Jul 28, 2017
  2. hot-moose Win User

dual boot configuration

hello , I have Nokia windows phone and wish to dual install the Linux arm kernel

2.6.24 from the Ubuntu version included with the sharp netwalker. Mine no longer works but my window

s phone apparently has the resources to handle the additional software. Question I have is how will this affect the service plan and warrenty for the telephone plus will the kernel help to free the hardware from the proprietary evil the conglomerates have
    inflicted this poor little device with?

hot-moose, Jul 28, 2017
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    dual boot configuration

Sorry, Windows Phones do not support dual booting operating systems.

[ Pete ], Jul 28, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

dual boot configuration

Hi, @amadora ! Welcome to Tenforums!

That's fairly simple. You "hide" the partitions. Like this:

When booted to either one, they will appear as "C", the other as some other drive letter, and vice-versa.

When booted to each, change this reg entry to "hide" the other letter. Here is an example of a .reg file. The dword value of 1 means to make it "offline", 0 to make it "online". When it is "offline", the drive letter is not available or seen by Windows, therefore cannot be accessed via Explorer or normal system functions. It is hidden.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\Offline] "\\DosDevices\\L:"=dword:00000001[/quote] Copy the code above into an empty .txt file and modify as needed with Notepad. Save the file as .reg, not .txt. Then merge it into the registry.

Note: You will need to reboot for it to take effect.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
Thema:

dual boot configuration

1. dual boot configuration - Similar Threads - dual boot configuration

2. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  3. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  4. Upgrading one Windows OS in a dual boot Windows configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading one Windows OS in a dual boot Windows configuration: A family member had an old PC running Vista that I dual booted with Windows 10 so they could use Vista as a fallback when they got confused with 10. Now they are comfortable with Windows 10 and rarely use Vista, only reason Vista is kept is because of some files. I know this...
  5. Upgrading one Windows OS in a dual boot Windows configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading one Windows OS in a dual boot Windows configuration: A family member had an old PC running Vista that I dual booted with Windows 10 so they could use Vista as a fallback when they got confused with 10. Now they are comfortable with Windows 10 and rarely use Vista, only reason Vista is kept is because of some files. I know this...
  6. Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 x32 and x64 dual boot configuration: Now I'm using windows 10 for a long time, but there is always an issue of having a wrong architecture. Like having x32 bit OS architecture but also having a x64 bit CPU. There are some tutorials for conversion but it involves formatting a drive. If you really need it but...
  7. Use of dual displays configuration

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use of dual displays configuration: Hello I just setup my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits for dual display use It works fine for Photoshop ( my main application) where I have image on one display and panels on the other one But strange things appear - When i start Firefox , the image switches to the secondary display -...
  8. Use of dual displays configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    Use of dual displays configuration: Hello I just setup my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits for dual display use It works fine for Photoshop ( my main application) where I have image on one display and panels on the other one But strange things appear - When i start Firefox , the image switches to the secondary display -...
  9. Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration: I have a dual monitor setup and I'm trying to not have to buy Display Fusion. Does anyone know if it's possible in stock windows 10 to remove the startmeny icon and clock from the secondary monitor taskbar whilst keeping the taskbar itself? i.e make it empty. I use it to...
  10. Dual booting set up in System Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting set up in System Configuration: Just getting to grips with W10 and noticed that dual booting can be set up in System Configuration-boot. This was the case in XP, I think or was a previous version. Bit late now as I have easybcd on W7 drive. Before you ask I have never had a successful install where W10...