Windows 10: Dual boot encryption at OS selection

Discus and support Dual boot encryption at OS selection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two ssd's both with Windows 10. I have it set to boot to OS selection. I want to encrypt both ssd's separately so that when I choose one OS or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RedOktober, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Dual boot encryption at OS selection

I have two ssd's both with Windows 10. I have it set to boot to OS selection. I want to encrypt both ssd's separately so that when I choose one OS or the other that is when I have to enter the password. So far I have use bitlocker to encrypt one drive but it requires me to enter the password before choosing the OS. I need to be able to choose which OS I want then enter my password. Is this possible with bitlocker or any other encryption software?

:)

RedOktober, Nov 7, 2016

2. Colour Windows 10 dual boot OS selection screen

Hi,

As you have a dual boot, with Windows 10 installed successfully. I would like to inform you that, under the boot section option were system is booted with preference is normal with the default background screen as black. If at all the background screen
    during the boot option is of different color, which would be set by the manufacturer.

So if you prefer a different background color for the boot section, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of booting the operating system to desktop for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Colour Windows 10 dual boot OS selection screen

Hello. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have a dual boot system on my main computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7. I did this a few months ago and it is working well. When I installed it, I remember it choked a bit before it started to work.
    The screen that comes up first with a selection of operating systems has always been black with simple white typing on it. Recently I saw that a friend's computer has a nice blue coloured screen with OS options accompanied by a picture. Does anyone know how
    I can get Windows to give me this nice pre-startup screen? I don't want to risk causing a malfunction by fooling around with it, but the colour screen would be nice. Any ideas?

Thanks,

gordoncanada, Nov 7, 2016
  4. BZee Win User

Dual boot encryption at OS selection

I'm also interested in an answer to this.

5. jpolacko Win User
    I'm sorry but no it's not possible. Once you encrypt the drive with bitlocker or any program it will require you to enter the password before it will boot/read any data on that drive. If you have both drive's hooked up and you encrypt them both at the same time it can cause problems.

jpolacko, Nov 28, 2016
  6. Have you tried Truecrypt? It takes over the MBR and you have to authenticate before the windows MBR runs. I believe this is what you are trying to accomplish.

Steelcity412, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot encryption at OS selection

1. Dual boot encryption at OS selection - Similar Threads - Dual boot encryption

2. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  3. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  4. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  5. Elementary OS Dual Boot EFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Elementary OS Dual Boot EFI?: I'm desperate right now. I have the following hard drives: 120 GB SSD (Windows 10 EFI) 1TB SSD (500GB games) Now I want to install Elementary on the other half of the 1TB SSD to get a dual boot system which I use over EFI boats. Which partitions do I need and...
  6. Dual boot Phoenix OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot Phoenix OS: Hi ! I have a HP 15 da0002tu notebook preinstalled Windows 10 . I need to dual boot windows and phoenix os. So I installed phoenix os to my harddrive from the exe installer. It installed successfully but when I turn on my laptop it keeps boot directly to windows 10 without...
  7. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  8. How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?

How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?: This is more or less a project, seeing if I CAN do this successfully without messing up my Windows OS. I have 2 hard drives (both same 2 TB capacity); one is my main Windows 10 OS system, the other was/will-be intended for system-image/macrium-reflect backups in-case my main...
  9. OS Boot Selection Screen

OS Boot Selection Screen: Hi there reader/expert, More a question than an actual problem. I have a dual boot system with both 8.1x64 and 10x64 on my 240GB SSD and I always used to have a nice boot selection screen in blue, like on the right side of the picture (something I grabbed from the inet)....
  10. Install older OS as dual boot?

Install older OS as dual boot?: I read on the MS help website that you cannot install older versions of windows as dualboot, however I am having issues playing the same games that I played on win8.1. Microsoft promised that Win10 would improve games, but some of the games I'm playing were rendered...