Windows 10: Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Discus and support Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas. I am operating a 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by simmyjiff, Dec 28, 2015.

1. simmyjiff Win User

Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas.
    I am operating a 1 TB drive with Windows 10 and 7 in a Dual Boot configuration on my desktop PC, the win 10 is an on-line downloaded upgrade from win 8.1, which was also an on-line download. All as been running well since win 10 was launched. I use win 10 for my Admin and Image Storage and manipulation and Win 7 for Flight Sim.
    Yesterday afternoon I restarted my PC from Win 7, the PC rebooted to the Win 10 sign on screen but it was in a frozen state, there was nothing I could do so I pressed the PC reset button. It did not reboot to the Dual Boot screen, but presented me with a Blue screen headed 'Your PC needs to be repaired' followed by reference to:
    File:\windows\system32\winload.exe. , and then the error code indicated in the Thread Title above, and the following.
    You'll need to use recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) contact your administrator or PC manufacturer.
    I don't wish to muddy the waters any, but coincidentally I had a Windows update during the morning when first booting up?I searched the internet for a solution and came across the media creation tool which I downloaded to a USB and attempted to reboot the PC, nothing happened. I am now unable to reboot the PC by any means, this is complicated by the fact that both win 8.1 and Win 10 were downloaded installs and there are no system discs? I would appreciate your valued assistance on this issue and as I said earlier apologise for any inconvenience if this is in the incorrect Forum.
    Thanks

:)

simmyjiff, Dec 28, 2015

2. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Hi, Just thought you should know that neither option worked, downloaded Media Creation tool on both USB stick and CD, inserted into PC and reset MOB, but still returned to the Blue screen, cannot seem to get passed it, do you have any other ideas, could
    it be a mechanical problem, should I perhaps try my Win 7 disc as I have Dual boot facility?

Thanks

JamesSmithZD, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

Hello James,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

To be able to assist you better, let us know the exact error message/notification which you receive in Blue Screen.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Refer to the section Blue screen error after an update is installed

Also, in this case, the BCD Store edit command lines can be performed using a Windows 10 or/and even a Windows 7 ISO (if you have one).

Let us know the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 28, 2015
  4. winactive Win User

winactive, Jan 5, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Hopefully it is just screwed up boot sectors.

On another pc, install Macrium Reflect Free and create a Macrium Rescue Drive.

Boot from Rescue Drive, and select Restore tab.

Click 'fix windows boot problems'

With a bit of luck, it will list both OSs. If you do not see both, you willnhave a different problem.

Select one of them as default (can change later).

Then click next, finish and it will rebuild boot sectors.

After this, if 10 is broken, you can clean install, overwriting broken version.

cereberus, Jan 5, 2016
  6. simmyjiff Win User
    Thanks for your note.
    As the issue was urgent I went onto an alternative Forum site for advice. During the exchange of messages, I came to realise that an old drive I was using for storage also had an partition for 'system reserved' which I assume was an old OS system, I deleted this partition and the problem seems to be resolved? however, I am looking now to separately clone both partitions and to copy into 2 drives, I will come back soon and let you know if all is OK thanks for your assistance anyway.,

simmyjiff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Error

2. Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code: 0xc000000f: I was trying to upgrade to windows 11 but I had to put in the bios secure boot, I put secure boot and enable, I could not enter and I had a blue screen, by panic I pressed F9 to use a different operating system, which led me to another error that would be: Error...
  3. Error Code 0xc000000f Fix

Error Code 0xc000000f Fix: My computer is giving me the message: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media like a...
  4. error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc000000f: got passed the BSOD with this error code and now have a screen that says Boot devise menu. What do I need to do next? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000f/7ec4f23d-b83c-4d32-84c1-f334803aa9a3
  5. Recovery error code: 0xc000000f

Recovery error code: 0xc000000f: My laptop is showing the error message in the photo. I do not have the recovery tools to repair my laptop, nor would I be comfortable doing it myself. So I took it to a computer repair service and they say that they tested it and there is "No Drive Detected", and that I...
  6. error code 0xc000000f

error code 0xc000000f: Do not have win cd or disk player. Is it possible to repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000f/bc11b090-b455-4627-9cf9-af4e7526dbd5
  7. Error Code 0xc000000f

Error Code 0xc000000f: My son's laptop couldn't start properly and had an error code: 0xc000000f and it is saying that I need a recovery tool. Any information to help me fix this are truly appreciated....
  8. Error code 0xc000000F

Error code 0xc000000F: So recently my mum tried to turn on her laptop (a Dell Latitude E7440) and it wouldn't work, just went to the automatic repair screen. After watching a I watched few youtube videos and trying a couple of things, it now goes to the recovery page when I start it up. It says:...
  9. Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f

Can't boot into windows. Error code: 0xc000000f: Don't have install disks to repair error. HP Pavilion 570-p050 came without setup/install disks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-windows-error-code-0xc000000f/d7d6c56b-c44a-464f-a3ed-d6785df201a8
  10. Cannot boot HP laptop Error Code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot HP laptop Error Code 0xc000000f: Trying to fix a friend's HP 255 G4 laptop. Last week it suddenly stopped booting, she asked to have a look. On boot it came up with blue screen Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code 0xc000000f At another time...
Tags: