Windows 10: New I have a dual boot with two SSD

Discus and support New I have a dual boot with two SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dual boot with two SSD. On both are W10 systems, let's say W10 and W10 test. Till yesterday it worked as follows: booting up bios; Bios (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PiKo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. PiKo Win User

New I have a dual boot with two SSD

I have a dual boot with two SSD. On both are W10 systems, let's say W10 and W10 test.
    Till yesterday it worked as follows: booting up bios; Bios (or DOS?) screen in which to select which OS. After selection immediately the selected OS system started.
    Today I updated W10 test to version 1803 and I run into boot troubles. After some repairs and new setting with easyBCD I have again the dual boot working, but not the way I prefer.
    Now after booting up the bios, a blue Windows screen appears which offers me to select one of the OS. When I select W10 an immediate start takes place. In contrast, when I select W10 test, a new bios startup takes place, which finally results in starting up W10 test. Everything takes more time.
    Any ideas what happened and how to retain the old behaviour?

:)

2. How to Clone 'dual boot' Win7/Win10 HDD to new SSD

Hi Jackos,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to create a system image of Win7/Win10 and apply it to SSD.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below steps.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.
    • Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.
    • Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.
    • Select the driver, where you want to create system Image.
    • Follow on screen instruction.
    If you want to perform a dual boot you can refer to the below link and check if it helps:

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 19, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    • Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    • Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    • After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    • Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    • Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    • Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jun 19, 2018
  4. New I have a dual boot with two SSD

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

New I have a dual boot with two SSD

1. New I have a dual boot with two SSD - Similar Threads - dual boot SSD

2. Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot: Hello, I installed a second Windows 10 installation now I have two Windows 10 installation dual-boot. Now the newer OS is set to load by default. But when I turn the laptop on, instead of the Windows Boot Manager menu I get black screen for 30 secs the 30 secs originally...
  3. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD: Hi all! My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files. Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install exactly the same image as on my Primary drive, which I'll tweak over time. My Windows is OEM, as it was installed by the...
  4. Dual Boot two Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot two Windows: Can I setup a Dual boot of two Window on same laptop having two different licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-two-windows/fc7ec334-c03a-4172-8b7e-d25da81c6763"
  5. Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD: Hi All I had a Windows 7 HDD and installed a new second HDD. Installed Windows 10 on the new HDD and a.... shall we say "bootloader" was automatically defined. starting up this PC I am given a W10 looking bootloader offering me Windows 7 or Windows 10. My question is... If...
  6. Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7/ 10 Dual Boot On Two HDD's - Want To Move W10 To New SSD: Hi All I had a Windows 7 HDD and installed a new second HDD. Installed Windows 10 on the new HDD and a.... shall we say "bootloader" was automatically defined. starting up this PC I am given a W10 looking bootloader offering me Windows 7 or Windows 10. My question is... If...
  7. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  8. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  9. Dual Boot on external SSD?

Dual Boot on external SSD?: Hi guys, I'm currently running Windows 7 (Bootcamp, MBP 2012) and planning to buy a new MSI laptop running Win 10. I would like to ask if it's possible to clone my old Windows 7 to an external SSD and run it as a Dual Boot on the new laptop? I'm working in music...
  10. Dual boot. Two problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot. Two problems.: Problem 1 *Smile I've successfully installed W10 to dual boot with Vista. It works well but for one irritation, which is that I am asked for my password every time I select and boot to W10. I get that multi-coloured W10 rainbow lock screen ? the one that you click and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i run dual boot with every ssd

2. how to make a dual boot with 2 different ssd

3. duel boot windows with two m2 ssd s

4. windows 10 pro dual boot two ssds,
  5. dual boot two ssds,
  6. using 2 ssd intel kingston dos and donts for dual booting,
  7. dual boot with to ssd,
  8. dual boot windows two ssd,
  9. dual boot with ssd,
  10. laptop with dual ssd drives,
  11. new ssd install win dual boot