Windows 10: Dual Boot Option Missing

Discus and support Dual Boot Option Missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It was there - options for booting into Win7 or Technical Preview. The 'time to display....' is set at 30 seconds but only Win7 is showing. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mart1981, Jan 24, 2015.

1. mart1981 Win User

Dual Boot Option Missing

It was there - options for booting into Win7 or Technical Preview. The 'time to display....' is set at 30 seconds but only Win7 is showing. Any thoughts appreciated - regards.

:)

mart1981, Jan 24, 2015

2. Dual boot option is missing after upgrading to Windows 10

When I turn ON my computer, I only have Windows 10 on it.. I lost the option to boot to my Linux..

This issue just happen right after Windows 10 update...

I've done this already but nothing happen:

Work around 1:

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

At the command prompt, enter the following command:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

Hit Enter on your keyboard

Type: Exit

Restart and you should be offered a boot menu to choose which version of Windows you want to boot into.

Please help me..

ihatevengeance, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Dual boot option is missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Press Windows + r and type msconfig> Please check if another OS is listed under boot> Change time out to 30 seconds>restart the computer.

You may also have a look at this
    thread
    and check if it helps.

Please let us know the results.

Rohit Chettri, Jan 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Dual Boot Option Missing

How did you perform the update?? And what happened right before the option to go into the TP diapered??

BunnyJ, Jan 24, 2015
  5. mart1981 Win User
    Originally Win10 was/is installed on a separate partition on the HD. The partition was named Drive X and I can view all the files for the install on that partition via file manager when in Win7. Bootmgr on Drive C (which also contains the Win7 system) was last modified on the 4th November probably by or I assume by the Win10 installation. I'm wondering if any of the Win7 updates since then has removed the option to boot to Win10.

mart1981, Jan 24, 2015
  6. mart1981 Win User
    Okay - all sorted. Reporting back in case anyone else has the same problem. Used EasyBCD and added the entry Win10 and the drive location. Hey presto - suddenly started working again.

mart1981, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot Option Missing

1. Dual Boot Option Missing - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Option

2. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  3. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  4. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  6. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  7. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dual boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot option: Hello sir, i have a dual boot os on my windows 10 and i already delete the other one using msconfig option, Now i want to bring back the dual boot option again.. Is it possible?...
  9. Dual Boot Missing Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Boot Missing Files: I have a dual boot system (WIndows 10 and Hyper-V 2016) I use the Hyper-V for development in a virtual environment and Window 10 for gaming. Each of the operating systems are on separate hard drives. I also have two RAID 10 arrays that I use for storing virtual machines...
  10. Dual boot no option menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...