Windows 10: Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063

Discus and support Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, since the last update, while starting to dual-boot, when they appear the two operating systems, the disk indicator LEDs, is in operation (on)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by alpha45, Apr 12, 2017.

1. alpha45 Win User

Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063

Hello,
    since the last update, while starting to dual-boot, when they appear the two operating systems, the disk indicator LEDs, is in operation (on) for more than 40 sec. whereas before after 10-15 sec turned off.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you

:)

alpha45, Apr 12, 2017

2. Cannot Upgrade Windows 10 since build 15063.

OK so here's my issue.

Since build 15063 i cannot upgrade Windows 10. The problem was spotted couple builds behind of 15063 (I think after 15042), but i managed to upgrade to 15063 with couple of tricks described hereunder.

I have a lenovo t460p laptop, with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. I also have an external USB SSD drive where i have again Windows 10 Enterprise (15063). No dual booting, i just plug the USB drive and choose from bios to boot windows from there, since
    the internal SSD is used for work.

After extensive research i know that the culprit has to be the external drive (and the fact that there is an internal SSD on my laptop) and i will explain why. I have tried to upgrade to the latest builds (since 15063) in two ways:

1. through Windows Update

2. through ISO.

In both cases, the upgrade initiates, and as soon as the computer reboots for the first time to continue the upgrade, i receive a blue screen and the laptop reboots again. Then "rollback" kicks in, and as soon as i login to windows it says upgrade failed.

Now, upgrading through the ISO, when upgrade fails and i login back to windows i receive a "We couldn’t install Windows 10 0XC190010 – 0x20017, The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation."

So, to my understanding, windows sees the internal drive first (?) and this somehow messes things up.

Back to upgrading to 15063, i managed to upgrade to this version by completely disabling all boot drives in the bios and leaving only the USB drive; however, this does not seem to work for builds after 15063.

Things i've tried:

1. Changing USB ports

2. Removing/disabling any peripheral from bios and turning any security and memory execution settings off

All my drivers/bios firmware/intel firmware, etc are updated to the latest version.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any idea of whats causing this.

You can also find access to the setupact.log
    here

Minas Megalokonomos, Apr 12, 2017
  3. BSOD hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

After upgrading to windows 10 Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 on the 18th of april, i have been plagued with random BSOD's which are caused by the hal.dll driver. After my first bsod after installing the update i went and updated all my drivers
    and ensured my bios was up to date, which i thought would have fixed the issue, but i got another today. Can someone please assist me?

I would have downgraded to the previous build, but its too late as the windows.old is gone.

Windows 10 Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

MSI GE70 2PE

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz

12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

Intel HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Moved from Insider

ShemarDaniel, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063

1. Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063 - Similar Threads - Dual boot Problem

2. Dual Boot problem after September update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot problem after September update: I have dual-boot Windows 10 on a Desktop i7 PC. I've been using it for ~3 years. When the September updates came out, I installed them on my primary system with no problem. Later yesterday I installed them on my secondary system. The installation went fine with no problems,...
  3. Dual Boot problem after September update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot problem after September update: I have dual-boot Windows 10 on a Desktop i7 PC. I've been using it for ~3 years. When the September updates came out, I installed them on my primary system with no problem. Later yesterday I installed them on my secondary system. The installation went fine with no problems,...
  4. Dual Boot problem after September update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  6. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  7. Dual Booting Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting Problem: In my computer I have 2 SSD. 1 is for my personal use. 1 is for work use. The work use one was cloned from my wife's work PC. I would like to be able to choose from either drive upon startup. However, upon installing the work SSD, it appears that it's drive letter is set to...
  8. Windows Automatic Updates - stuck on Build 15063

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Automatic Updates - stuck on Build 15063: Every few months my Toshiba Satellite L870-14X laptop fails to update. I leave it to run all night (usually for 10 hours), restart it a few times and then it "reverts back to previous build". Should I be concerned? The main issue is the the laptop is out of action for so...
  9. Aeroglass now released for build 15063

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aeroglass now released for build 15063: A trial version's been out for quite a while, but now there's an official release. Aero Glass for Win8+ It's taken a long time, and soon we'll have the Fall/Autumn upgrade... which probably means a few more months delay. But if you want [img] [img] (just look...
  10. Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063: I have a laptop and desktop that have both been upgraded to Win10 Pro build 15063.138. The desktop has half a dozen folders shared so that the laptop can access them. Sharing was working without any problem prior to the upgrade, but after upgrading the machines to this latest...