Windows 10: Dual boot problems

Discus and support Dual boot problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 pro configured as a dual boot system, business and personal. My business side boots fine, the personal side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wbender, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Wbender Win User

Dual boot problems

I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 pro configured as a dual boot system, business and personal. My business side boots fine, the personal side accepts password and then goes to a black screen with a mouse pointer showing, the pointer moves with mouse activity but does not get to the desktop. I have waited 30 minutes with no progress. Suggestions? Thank you.

:)

Wbender, Mar 26, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Dual boot problem

Hi,

I am glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Get back to us if you have queries regarding windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 26, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Dual boot problems

Try booting in safe mode.

cereberus, Mar 26, 2018
  5. Wbender Win User
    I have tried rebooting several times and hit the enter button with the Lenovo screen but it won't give me the option to enter safe mode. Is there another way to get there?

Wbender, Mar 26, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    Lots of ways - See tutorial

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

cereberus, Mar 26, 2018
  7. Wynona Win User
    Once you get in, if you haven't already, back up your personal files to an external hard drive or large flash drive.

According to how much software you have on it, you may want to do a clean install (provided you've saved all your product keys.

I know this doesn't help with your boot problem, but it's something that should be done before any "messing around" takes place.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot problems

1. Dual boot problems - Similar Threads - Dual boot problems

2. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  3. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  4. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with Dual Boot

Problem with Dual Boot: I had installed Windows 10 and windows 7 on seperate partitions of a drive and the dual boot option was showing and working fine but now, i resized the partition Which failed in the process and now i don't see any windows 10 boot option at startup. My computer boots into...
  6. Dual Boot Problem

Dual Boot Problem: I have a dual boot desktop PC. One SSD is running Windows 10 Home, the other SSD is running an image of the first.I usually create a new image once a month or after a cumulative update and/or feature release has been providedI've just created an image using Acronis Disc...
  7. Dual Booting Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting Problem: In my computer I have 2 SSD. 1 is for my personal use. 1 is for work use. The work use one was cloned from my wife's work PC. I would like to be able to choose from either drive upon startup. However, upon installing the work SSD, it appears that it's drive letter is set to...
  8. Dual boot problems

Dual boot problems: I install some days before on a win7 system win10. Dual boot menu was starting at the beginning of every boot and i choose what i wanted. Windows 7 is very importand for me cause i have installed a digital signature on them and it does not work on Win10. Today this menu of...
  9. Problems with Dual Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Dual Boot: I have All-in One from Dell which came with Windows 8, but rready for Windows 10. It gave me a lot of problems. I had to clean install Windows 10. After doing so, and I don't know how, I have now 2 Windows 10 boot. I decided on boot 1 and installed all APpS, OFFICE, McAffee....
  10. Dual-Boot Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual-Boot Problems: I want to get Windows 10 to boot by default, but Ubuntu always does. I have an SSD (W10) and an HDD (Ubuntu) installed in my laptop. I cannot get Windows 10 to boot by default? I went into UEFI, boot order, and set OS to boot priority, and then went into the subdirectory of...