Windows 10: Dual Boot Question

Discus and support Dual Boot Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dual boot with two SSD's. Both hadW10 pro version 1607. I recently opgraded both to 1703 (creatorupdate). I adjusted the boot order with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PiKo, Jul 29, 2017.

1. PiKo Win User

Dual Boot Question

I have a dual boot with two SSD's. Both hadW10 pro version 1607.
    I recently opgraded both to 1703 (creatorupdate).
    I adjusted the boot order with EasyBCD 2.3
    Although again dual boot performs well,something has changed.
    Formerly, after booting, the boot sequence wasquestioned in a DOS-type screen.
    At present, the boot sequence is questioned ina Windows-type blue screen.
    Although everything works fine, I am wonderingwhat made the change.

:)

2. What happens when I upgrade to window pro 10 and lose my media center.

Thank you for your answer and have one last dumb question. Would it be possible to dual boot windows 8.1 and windows 10? (Like dual booting linux and windows)

kennethwade123, Jul 29, 2017
  3. RDrr Win User
    Upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on a dual-boot computer that also has Windows 7 as the primary OS.

Babu V ...that link is for how to create a dual boot system.

The question was about doing an upgrade of one opsys on an already existing dual boot system.

4. PiKo Win User

Dual Boot Question

Suddenly I remembered something.
    Due to the upgrade, many settings are changed and should be set back.
    One of the settings is: turn on fast start-up. Creator update checked this on. For a dual-boot this setting should be off.
    After such an upgrade it costs me several hours to set all settings in the way I want. This settings I overlooked.

Thema:

Dual Boot Question

1. Dual Boot Question - Similar Threads - Dual Boot Question

2. Another Dual Boot Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another Dual Boot Question: Diehard w7 user here. My system is 3 year old homebuilt (an Asrock z370 extreme4 with a 500gb Adata sz8200 m2 SSD). The drive is about 65% full and some of my programs (specifically ACT) cant be re-activated so I need to keep the ssd intact. But, I'm forced into installing...
  3. Windows 10 Dual boot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dual boot question: I have installed MANY dual boot configs of various OSes over the years. I have 7 installed, and decided to dual boot 10 on my main machine. Installed it on a spare SSD I had laying around. To my surprise, it boots right in to Windows 10. I can still go in to the bios and...
  4. Dual boot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot question: I want to install Windows on an SSD with Linux already installed in it. However, whenever I do so, it stops with an error - Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation. What to...
  5. Dual Boot Question

Dual Boot Question: I wanted to update and run a dual boot on 2 separate ssd's. The original ssd has 8.1, and I tried to do an install using an ISO file I made of 10 on the other ssd but could not get past the authentication code since it would not accept my code for windows 8.1. After several...
  6. dual boot question

dual boot question: Thank you for taking the time to read this. I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. The upgrade to Win 10 is ready. Will the upgrade destroy my boot sector ? If it does, will I be able to re-install Linux after upgrading to Win 10 from Windows 7?...
  7. dual ( 7 / 10 ) boot question

dual ( 7 / 10 ) boot question: i'm building a new windows 10 desktop to replace current windows 7 desktop but since all my software is only guaranteed to run on 7 i plan to build the new desktop as a dual boot ( 10 + 7 ) first and then eventually ( in a year or two ) convert to 10 only. i haven't...
  8. Dual Boot question

Dual Boot question: Hi, I have set a dual boot config, on a laptop with W 7 x64 preinstalled. Laptop has one disk drive, before dual boot, with 3 primary partitions, from left to right, in Computer Management: 1. Recovery OEM primary 15 GB 2. System Reserved 100 MB primary (70 MB free)...
  9. Dual Boot question #2

Dual Boot question #2: Hello, I have a dual boot laptop (Legacy BIOS), with W 10 Pro x64 (clean installation from Media Creation Tool dvd) and W7 x64 The disk management layout is the following: (from left to right): Basic MBR Hard Disk 0 1) Recovery OEM Sony partition 15 GB primary (hidden...
  10. Dual Boot question (7 and 10)

Dual Boot question (7 and 10): I have Windows 7, and want to try Windows 10. But I want to set up a dual boot, in case some of my old software doesn't work with Windows 10. This forum has lots of good info on how to do this, but I'm still fuzzy on a couple details. Here's my question: If I create a new...