Windows 10: Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

Discus and support Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. When I boot up, I get the options: Windows 10 on Volume 2 Windows 10 on Volume 4 These are separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeinzGrubsner, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

Hi

I have a Windows 10 Dual Boot System. When I boot up, I get the options:

Windows 10 on Volume 2

Windows 10 on Volume 4

These are separate physical disks.

The former (volume 2) is the default and is booting fine (touch wood). But right now, the install on volume 4 won't boot up. I get a BSD with "PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc000000e"

I suspect something has changed with the volume numbers. I suspect the second entry SHOULD BE:

Windows 10 on Volume 5

Reason, when I try and run Windows repair, it sees an install on Volume 5 - but I am unable to repair the installation.

I suspect that information is in boot.ini?

I tried EasyBCD, but it says it cannot get access to boot.ini becuase boot.ini is on a hidden patition.

I am also unable to boot of the Genuine Windows 10 Pro install disk. Just get a blue screen with no text. It will not boot.

So my question:

How can I either change volume 4 to 5 in the boot sequence, or repoint 5 to be 4 so the boot process can find the windows load program?

Thank you for your help

:)

HeinzGrubsner, Jul 28, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    • Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    • Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    • After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    • Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    • Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    • Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

Windows (volume 1) an Windows (volume 4)????

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Is this a dual boot computer? If yes, which is the second operating system installed?
    • In Which drive did you install Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows + R, type msconfig in box
    • Select boot tab, and select Windows 10 as default
    • Click on apply and close the Window
    I suggest you refer the link and check if it helps

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt

1. Dual Boot System "Windows 10 on Volume ..." sequence is corrupt - Similar Threads - Dual Boot System

2. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving data from Volume 3 on a dual boot system: Hello,I had trouble logging into Volume 3 due to a "sign-in process initialization failure". As a result, I was not able to login to the system, so I installed Windows 10 again on Volume 5. However, there is some important data still on Volume 3 and I need to retrieve it....
  6. Dual boot corrupts windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual boot corrupts windows: After i dual booted my computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7, every time I try to boot up to windows 10, it bluescreens and gives me the error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". When windows 7 was fresh, my windows 10 worked absolutely fine, but after i installed drivers for windows...
  7. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  8. dual booting sequence problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual booting sequence problem: I started with Windows Vista, which I still use 99% of the time. A few months ago I set up dual booting with Windows 10 being the second OS (to watch videos that cannot be run in Vista). At first I was given a choice during the initial bootup process, Vista or 10. Later...
  9. Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options

Windows 10 update corrupted dual boot options: When I first installed the Win 10 Preview, it set up a dual boot (actually triple boot, 3 OS's - Win 7, Win 8.1 and Win 10). One of the Win 10 updates corrupted it. I've tried to fix it by booting with all 3 OS install discs and running "bootrec.exe". Bootrec.exe...
  10. No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10): Today I installed Windows 10 on my machine (ASUS N55SF laptop) for the first time on a separate hard drive. Now I have Windows 7 on my main hard drive and Windows 10 on my new drive (the latter being an SSD one). After installing Windows 10, I got a new boot option in my BIOS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot list volume

2. dual boot windows corrupt