Windows 10: Dual boot w7 + w10

Discus and support Dual boot w7 + w10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You are welcome. Glad we could help. Hi guys! Please help! So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10). How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kingtiger, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Kingtiger Win User

Dual boot w7 + w10

Hi guys!

Please help!
    So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10).
    How to make the w10 dual boot menu?

You had written, that we have to use the bcdboot command... From which operating system?
    I like to use the w10 graphical boot menu, npt the previous text based menu. Is it possible somehow?

Thanks!

:)

Kingtiger, Aug 17, 2015
  2. AntonGala Win User

Creating Dual Boot of Windows 7 and WIndows 10

Original Title: W7 and W10 together?

Since WMC is missing in W10, can I keep W7 and install W10 for dual boot?

AntonGala, Aug 17, 2015
  3. tdug Win User
    Age of Empires 2 The Age of Kings won't work on Win 10.

I have a dual-boot machine with XP-32 (installed first) and W10 (former W7-64). So it is possible to have a dual-boot.

To do it : you have to install XP first, then W7. W7 "installs" a dual-boot menu. Thus you can choose the os you want to start with.

Then you upgrade W7 to W10. You still have the os menu choice at startup.

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dual boot w7 + w10

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Dual boot w7 + w10

1. Dual boot w7 + w10 - Similar Threads - Dual boot w10

2. Dual Boot W10 and W7 with Bitlocker for both including enhanced PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Boot W10 and W7 with Bitlocker for both including enhanced PIN: Has anyone done this? Also want a serperate data parition which should be bitclockerd and accessible by both OS. I have done this in the past for Vista and W7 and am wondering if anyone has current instructions or a tutorial. The dual boot and partitioning should be easy so...
  3. Run W7 legacy software on VM under W10 or dual boot?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run W7 legacy software on VM under W10 or dual boot?: Hi, I've got a few questions: I'm currently using Windows 7 Pro on two separate PCs and with updates no longer being provided by Microsoft I'm considering installing Windows 10. My main concern is the software I have installed that will not run under Windows 10. I've got...
  4. Dead laptop that was running a dual boot with W7 and W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead laptop that was running a dual boot with W7 and W10: I have a HP Pavillion laptop that was faithfully running a dual boot setup with W7 and W10 for a few years. However, I made the fatal mistake of powering off the laptop when it asked which OS should run. Now the laptop is dead. DEAD. When the power button is pushed it...
  5. Dual boot w7/w10 , win10 partition raw in win7

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot w7/w10 , win10 partition raw in win7: hello, I have dual boot systems win7 and win10. Win 10 is primary system on SSD Disk0 with 2 partitions, boot/system and recovery. Bios MBR. (not uefi) Win 7 is on Disk3 part1 , all is working fine , both systems boot via win10 startup menu. Disks 1 and 2 are GPT raid0,...
  6. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  7. Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot

Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot: I have W10 and W7 on separate drives, and used the information on this thread Solved EasyBCD Dual Boot management for Win10 and Win7 on separate drives - Windows 10 Forums to enable dual booting without using the F8. The dual boot was followed from the W10 installation, and...
  8. Please, evaluate my W10 / W7 dual boot project.

Please, evaluate my W10 / W7 dual boot project.: I have been recently upgraded from Win7 Home x64 to Win 10. Initially I was planning to quickly roll back to my old good Win 7. *Wink But turned out I like Win10 more than I expected, so decided to make it my main OS from now on and use Win7 (I need it anyway, because of my...
  9. dual boot? w7 and w 10

dual boot? w7 and w 10: hi, is it possible to dual boot w7 and w 10?. I'm currently running w7 and i got offer for w10 already, my question is it possible to dual boot it and i want genuine w10 as well. i tried use media creation control and windows update but both failed at step 3 (75% overall) and...
  10. W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem

W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem: I want to Dual Boot my existing W7 pro with W10 pro as in Dual Boot Tutorial by Brink. I made W10 Installation USB removed fast boot & secure boot and installed W10. I have W7 (C drive) on a 500gb SSD and installed a new 500gb SSD for W10 (D drive) I installed W10 on the D...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot w7 and w10

2. howto run both w7 and W10

3. w10 w7 bcdboot

4. w7 under w10,
  5. w10 w7 dual boot,
  6. aplicacion para dual boot w7 w10,
  7. two seperate discs with w7 & w10 how to make them dual boot,
  8. dual boot w10 w7