Windows 10: Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

Discus and support Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have new computer win 7 pro with all SSD. I plan to Install Win 10 onto a separate SSD (Samsung 500gb) and will just unplug my C Drive SSD with Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davew, Jul 4, 2015.

1. davew Win User

Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

I have new computer win 7 pro with all SSD. I plan to Install Win 10 onto a separate SSD (Samsung 500gb) and will just unplug my C Drive SSD with Win 7. The C drive SSD is also 500gb Samsung but only 152gb left on that drive. Any Comments / potential problems I may have.

I have registered and will get a win 10 download 7/29 I hear but would rather burn a installation CD with that if possible or I could use a Flash Disk. Then Install Win 10 as above from the installation CD.

Is this actually a Dual Boot if it is two separate SSD's*Confused Also, I have dual booted Win with Linux but never with two versions of win. So, another question in Program files and Data in Win 7 I have many application that I use nearly daily. If I install win 10 as above will I.win 10 be able to access apps in win 7 program files. IE FedEx ship manager, Quick Books etc?

:)

davew, Jul 4, 2015

2. Dual boot with win 10 upgrade using win 10 pro license?

I understand the the win 10 upgrade is an overwrite of the existing OS (which is win 7 sp2 for me). Can I buy the win 10 pro license as an upgrade to the win 10 upgrade? then download the upgrade and create a dual boot with the existing win 7? What is the
    procedure for dual boot?

thank you,

win 7 home sp2

i7

16gb

HotmailShawn, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Dual Boot Elimination

Hi,

I have a dual boot setup at this time, Partition #1 WIN 7 PRO, Partition #2 WIN 10 PRO "Activated" this was my TP beta partition, it was upgraded by MS. Is this WIN 10 PRO the same OS that I am being offered on partition #1 to replace WIN 7 PRO?

Now that the TP has ended I would like to do a WIN 10 PRO clean install and remove one of the Partitions to eliminate the Dual boot system. Should I do the upgrade to WIN 7 PRO then delete Partition #2 with the already activated WIN 10 PRO or could this
    be a problem in the making ?

Thank You for the Help...Jim

James Horvath, Jul 4, 2015
Thema:

Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

1. Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Boot pro

2. Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system: My RAM failed resulting in corruption of Win 7 installation. Now I cannot boot to Win 7 at all. I can create another partition to install Win 7, copy and create a new partition for the MBR now allocated 3.65GB to restore after reloading Win 7, or try something else. I'm not...
  3. Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro: I'll be receiving a new computer with Win 10 Pro as my computer w/ Windows 7 Pro crashed. I'd like to take the hard drive with Windows 7 Pro and install it into the new one to have dual booting. Any problem doing that and what steps are needed? Thank you....
  4. Dual Boot Win 10 & 7

Dual Boot Win 10 & 7: I run Win 10 (1803) on my main PC I was also running Win 10 (1803) on a secondary PC. I had a 3rd PC running Win 7 (for certain older apps I need) The PC running 7 started to have major hardware problems, so I had to junk it, but kept the HDD with 7 and my programs. I...
  5. Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.

Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.: I would like to install 3 operative system (win 10 - win 7 and centos ) on the same HD in dual boot system. I would like to keep as much as possible the OS separate (no interference) each other and more stable possible. What will be the best way to do it? I should use an...
  6. Dual Boot Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

Dual Boot Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro: Hi All, nice to be on board. I have a home built machine (specs entered when creating this account). I had a Dual boot system working like a dream, Win 10 Pro installed first (through upgrade a few months back) and then I created a separate partition and successfully...
  7. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  8. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  9. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...