Windows 10: Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8

Discus and support Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A little early but this is what I am looking at. [img] I plan to just remove Win 7 (C) and install Win 9 Preview in its place as (C) At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Phone Man, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Phone Man Win User

Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8

A little early but this is what I am looking at.

Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8 [​IMG]

I plan to just remove Win 7 (C) and install Win 9 Preview in its place as (C)
    At present Win 8 is on a Logical drive (W) but have thought about deleting Win 7 and converting Win 8 (W) to a primary partition and then moving it to the front then install Win 9 after it. Any thoughts as to which will be the best way to go.

Jim

:)

Phone Man, Aug 3, 2014

2. Dual boot installation?

I currently dual boot Win 7 and Win 8 on my Dell PC. I want to do the clean install of Win 10 on the Win 8 partition. My question is will it affect the Win 7 partition and will I be able to dual boot win 7 and Win 10?

Thanks,

Brian

Sportsdadmi39, Aug 3, 2014
  3. JerryLA Win User
    Will my reserved Win 10 upgrade be an iso?

On my desktop with Win 7 professional I had enrolled in the Win 10 preview (now upgraded to full Win 10 thank you) which was a .iso which I installed alongside Win 7. It's a dual boot. Works fine.

On this Win 7 home notebook I reserved a copy of Win 10. Can it be a .iso that I can install alongside Win 7 dual boot as well? There are original manufacturers programs installed on the notebook which of course Microsoft does not guarantee will work with
    Win 10.

Thank you.

JerryLA, Aug 3, 2014
  4. CountMike New Member

None of the above, never stick some untried OS on the same disk or dual boot with your main one. I have seen to many doing that with Win7 and Win 8 Beta or even RC that at some point didn't have to redo everything. Separate disk, choosing OS thru BIOS fast menu or a Virtual disk are only ways to go.

CountMike, Aug 10, 2014
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Thanks for your reply.
    I ALWAYS do an image with Macrium before any major changes so I am prepared for any problems. Don't have another disk to play with for now and by putting it on a hard disk instead of a Virtual disk I can test my hardware compatibility. There is a method behind my madness.

Jim :win:

Phone Man, Aug 10, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    Good thing about Desktop PC is that it's easy to ad HDDs, If I didn't have a spare HDD I would get a small one for a few bucks and try on it. Heck of easier than going thru image restoring every time something goes wrong (and it will for sure).

CountMike, Aug 15, 2014
  7. badrobot Win User
    Avoiding problem is a better approach than expecting one... *Smile

badrobot, Aug 15, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

badrobot, Aug 17, 2014
  9. Chuck38 Win User
    Sadly I only have one hybrid drive, but I'll make it work. *Smile

Chuck38, Aug 17, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    I installed multiple hot-swappable hard drive trays on my PC for this purpose. *Smile
    I stopped using virtual machines. It's doesn't give you the actual performance of an OS with respect to hardware.

View attachment 1349

badrobot, Aug 17, 2014
  11. badrobot Win User
    What machine are you using? Laptop or desktop?

badrobot, Aug 17, 2014
  12. Chuck38 Win User
    Well, at the moment I'm on an iPad. :sorry:

But I will be putting together the computer I have listed in My System either on Thursday or Friday, probably Thursday.

Chuck38, Aug 17, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

If you haven't bought the hard drive yet, consider this one (dual 120GB SSD+ 1TB HDD):

http://www.ncix.com/detail/wd-black-...5-b8-92417.htm

badrobot, Aug 17, 2014
  14. Chuck38 Win User
    Thank you, but I already ordered it and my budget wouldn't have allowed that anyway. *Sad

-Chuck

Chuck38, Aug 17, 2014
  15. badrobot Win User
    I am sure, the difference in price will be worth it as it is 2 drives in one plus the benefit of SSD speed. *Smile

badrobot, Aug 17, 2014
Thema:

1. Dual boot Win 9 preview and Win 8 - Similar Threads - Dual boot preview

2. Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10: I have problem related to setting up a dual boot. i am running Windows version 20H2 . When I tried to install windows on a partition using the latest Windows 10 USB installation, the setup continually rebooted after copying the installation files. I tried several times and...
  3. win 10 dual boot

win 10 dual boot: Running win 7 want to set up win10 in Partition. bought win 10 cd but it wants to overwrite win 7 rather then install in separate partition. I have the key etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-dual-boot/e592c47b-19de-4d84-9df2-7b9c6bb4aed9
  4. Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.

Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.: I would like to install 3 operative system (win 10 - win 7 and centos ) on the same HD in dual boot system. I would like to keep as much as possible the OS separate (no interference) each other and more stable possible. What will be the best way to do it? I should use an...
  5. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  6. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  7. Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10

Dual Boot Win 7 pro and Win 10: I have new computer win 7 pro with all SSD. I plan to Install Win 10 onto a separate SSD (Samsung 500gb) and will just unplug my C Drive SSD with Win 7. The C drive SSD is also 500gb Samsung but only 152gb left on that drive. Any Comments / potential problems I may have. I...
  8. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  9. Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10

Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10: Hello Im not sure which would be the best way to do this, Google is good most of the time but I am getting nowhere apart from getting more stress and a headache. I have Win XP with SP2 already loaded and set up just right on a sata drive, Ive bought a new motherboard,...
  10. Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?: Hi I'm planning to create a new 120 Gigabyte partition on the internal hard drive that doesn't have Windows 8 on it and then installing Windows 9 in it. I've done this several times in the past, with XP and 7, then 7 and 8, but not since the change to the UEFI bios....