Windows 10: Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?

Discus and support Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently dual boot win7 home premium and win10 pro TP. my question is if I upgrade or clean install over win7 will I be able to keep the win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blongs, Jul 5, 2015.

1. blongs Win User

Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?

I currently dual boot win7 home premium and win10 pro TP. my question is if I upgrade or clean install over win7 will I be able to keep the win10 installation.

Also want to know if I clean install win10, can I use my win7 key so I get the correct version(Home)? Also if I use my own key will I still be on the insider program or do you have to use an insider product key?

:)

blongs, Jul 5, 2015
  2. Karim_HT Win User

Dual boot with same OS, that is Windows 10 Pro on both

Hi,

I would like to have two separate/different Win10 Pro machines in my notebook for different purposes: personal and work.

I am a contractor and currently in my notebook I have a dual boot with Win10 Pro (personal use) and Win7 Pro (work). I have been informed that Win10 is now approved by the IT organization in the company I am working as a contractor.

Since I spend the most of the time working (using my Win7 machine) and Win10 has been approved as a valid OS for the company I am working for, I would like to have a Win10 machine for work purpose and keep my original Win10 machine for personal use.

One option that I am considering is to keep my original Win10 Pro machine and then create a virtual machine with Win10 Pro for work purpose.

The other option is to keep my original Win10 Pro machine, delete the Win7 Pro machine and create a new boot with Win10 Pro. I will use my Win7 license key to activate this new machine.

My question is, is it possible to have a dual boot with the same OS, that is Windows 10 Pro?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Karim_HT, Jul 5, 2015
  3. July_2017update kills laptop and desktop performance.

Well, the creator's update came out. Had the screensaver problem with photo gallery, fixed it. But I have a dual boot machine with Win10 home and Debian 8 as my media server, and the update wiped the dual boot out. So if you have a dual boot machine,
    be prepared.

Joe Tannenbaum, Jul 5, 2015
Thema:

Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?

1. Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home? - Similar Threads - Dual Boot win10

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Reinstall. Reset or Fresh Install Win10 Home on A Dual boot Machine with Win10 Pro...: The Laptop I have came preinstalled with Win 10 Home 1909 on OEM. I then bought Win10 Professional and Installed on Separate Partition on SSD creating a Dual boot Machine. My question I have today is how to Reinstall or Reset or Cleaninstall My existing Win10 Home OEM...
  6. Dual boot and format problem Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot and format problem Win10 Pro: This is a problem a lot of other people have had, and I've not found a safe and definitive way to take care of this. I installed Win10 Pro on my new build, but at the same time I had other drives installed in the case, one being an old Win7 SSD that I used on my other old...
  7. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  8. dual boot windows pro with home?

dual boot windows pro with home?: I bought an ASUS notebook with windows 10 home which has 1703. I plan to replace the drive with an WD 500gb black NVME drive and boot off of it. I was planning on installing PRO version on that NVME drive. My idea is pull off the 2TB old SATA drive, boot the usb creator, and...
  9. OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?: Hello, so i was wondering if my OEM version of Windows 10 would allow me to dual boot install Ubuntu linux alongside Windows, and still keep its activation. Is this possible?...
  10. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multi boot Win 10 home and Win 10 pro

2. dual boot win10 pro et win 10 home