Windows 10: Dual boot Windows 10 Enterprise and Home

Discus and support Dual boot Windows 10 Enterprise and Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to dual boot Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Home. Would that be possible as my college has tons of things installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fuzeee, Oct 20, 2016.

1. fuzeee Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 Enterprise and Home

Hi,

I would like to dual boot Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Home.
    Would that be possible as my college has tons of things installed and enforced on my own PC, such as symantec endpoint protection etc.. Hence I would like to dual boot.
    Please advice.

Thanks

:)

fuzeee, Oct 20, 2016

2. Testing Windows 10 Creators Update on seperate partition

Yes, you can set up a separate partition to install and test the Windows 10 Creators Update. In fact, it will even activate.

Please note, when you are done testing, you will need to open Disk Management, right click the partition then delete it.

You have the option of using Windows 10 Home or Pro then perform a keyless install or you can download the Windows 10 Enterprise Creators Update 90 day trial then install it there.

Windows 10 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center - Microsoft

See instructions in the following article how to setup a partition.

How
    to: Dual Boot Windows 7 or Windows 8 with Windows 10 Installed First

Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 cannot connect through WPA2 Enterprise using wifi

windows 10 connectivity issue on WPA2-Enterprise WLAN

wireless driver is :

Intel Dual band Wireless AC 3165

windows 10 home single language

omranAlmuhesen, Oct 20, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

From a technical standpoint this is doable. I won't go into that.
    But you would need to talk to the college IT staff about this. I expect they would say no. As they should.

Dual booting has some serious security implications. It essentially provides a back door into the computer over which the college would have no control. This would largely nullify the security they have worked so hard to achieve. I can't see the IT staff allowing that.

This forum cannot help with evading the security set in place by your college.

LMiller7, Oct 20, 2016
  5. fuzeee Win User
    Hi,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Will see what I can do.
    Thanks for your help and clarification

fuzeee, Oct 20, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    FWIW, I am running a test machine with a dual boot of Windows 10 Enterprise Insider and a plain-vanilla Build 1607 version of Windows 10 Pro. Should indeed be doable with Home and Enterprise instead. Main thing is to disconnect the other boot drive whenever performing a clean install of the current OS (that is disconnect Enterprise when installing home, and vice-versa).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 20, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The question is, whose computer is it? Is the computer owned by @fuzeee or is it owned by the college? Is the Enterprise edition of Windows 10 required by the college to connect to their network, or is it installed on the computer because the computer is owned by the college? If @fuzeee owns the computer, then the question becomes will the college allow the computer to connect to their network if he installs a second OS on it?

NavyLCDR, Oct 20, 2016
  8. fuzeee Win User

The computer belongs to me, but my college needs to install enterprise because there's a domain network and in order to use the school's intranet and Internet, they have check point identity agent installed and some other software that I need for classes.

fuzeee, Oct 20, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep - so the first step would be to see if the agreement to connect to the college network prohibits installing a second OS for use on the computer when it is not connected to their domain.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual boot Windows 10 Enterprise and Home - Similar Threads - Dual boot Enterprise

2. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 enterprise to home: I brought my pc from a local shop and got windows 10 enterprise edition now i have to convert enterprise edition to home. What are the steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-to-home/9d1ded92-f7fd-443b-9101-86e657d0b944
  3. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 enterprise to home: I brought my pc from a local shop and got windows 10 enterprise edition now i have to convert enterprise edition to home. What are the steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-to-home/9d1ded92-f7fd-443b-9101-86e657d0b944
  4. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dual Booting Win 10 home

Dual Booting Win 10 home: Hi Im still a little confused. I would like to setup win 10 home I hope on 2 separate SSDs on 1 computer. There is an article here where some one wants to do the exact same thing. One drive for work and one for home. So it seems its possible. My question is do I have to buy a...
  6. Dual Boot Ubuntu on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual Boot Ubuntu on Windows 10 Home: Hi team,I have tried dual booting my laptop which is currently having Windows 10 Home and I have created a 100GB of disk partition for ubuntu out of 500 GB SSD.When I try to boot the Ubuntu after selecting the Use a Device option in UEFI bios, and then after selecting the...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Recently, I got a prompt in the Microsoft Store that had an option toupgrade to Pro edition from Home edition. I believed it would ask me beforehand if I need to purchase/activate. But as I moved forward, it applied some updates and restart the pc. I checked in the Settings...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise -> Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise -> Home: For some reason my windows edition is now Enterprise but I only have a license key for Home. It there any wat to change it back to home without wiping the disk and reinstalling windows? I have recently installed a ssd and it was working fine (digital license activated and...
  9. dual boot windows pro with home?

dual boot windows pro with home?: I bought an ASUS notebook with windows 10 home which has 1703. I plan to replace the drive with an WD 500gb black NVME drive and boot off of it. I was planning on installing PRO version on that NVME drive. My idea is pull off the 2TB old SATA drive, boot the usb creator, and...
  10. Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?

Dual Boot win10 Pro and Home?: I currently dual boot win7 home premium and win10 pro TP. my question is if I upgrade or clean install over win7 will I be able to keep the win10 installation. Also want to know if I clean install win10, can I use my win7 key so I get the correct version(Home)? Also if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 enterprise dual boot

2. windows 10 dual boot professional and enterprise