Windows 10: Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

Discus and support Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I dual boot my current Windows 10 Pro installation with an insider build? If so, how do I go about doing that? Do I just install another Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blackbirdabhi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

Can I dual boot my current Windows 10 Pro installation with an insider build? If so, how do I go about doing that? Do I just install another Windows 10 OS on the new partition or download an Insider ISO? What are the risks involved with it? The current installation is already activated. Will the insider build get activated. If not, how do I activate it? I upgraded to Windows 10 directly through the GWX app, after which I did a clean install where it got activated automatically.

:)

blackbirdabhi, Jun 14, 2016

2. Is it possbile to use my Windows insider product key to get the pro version of windows?

I've SONY VAIO running windows 8.1 single language + windows 10 pro insider preview dual booted.

i'm planning to upgrade my 8.1 to 10, then use the product key of 10 insider to get 10 pro.

is that possible?

FAHMI MUKBIL, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 14, 2016
  4. CirrusOne Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

There is a boot manager from a company called TERABYTE UNLIMITED that will multiboot
    just about anything say for example DOS WIN LINUX. It is not limited to 4. I have 18 partitions
    ready to go.

It is called Bootit Bear Metal and includes partition image backup software.

C1

CirrusOne, Jun 14, 2016
  5. I already have a tool for making partitions. I only want to know whether there will be side effects from dual booting the RTM build and the Insider build together? How can I activate the insider build? Will it cause problems with my current Windows installation which is licensed and activated?

6. Kyhi Win User
    creating a second partition and installing windows 10 - will have no effect on the OS on the other partition

7. Edwin New Member
    If you click 'Skip this step' when asked for a Product Key, you should be okay. It should activate automatically.
    Just don't sign in/sync both with the same MS account or weird things will start happening.

Edwin, Jun 14, 2016
  8. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

Thanks! So basically I just install Windows 10 again on another partition using the official ISO and then sign up for insider builds after installing it? I guess the part about using different accounts makes sense as when you apply for insider builds you are gonna apply it through the account you have signed it, so if both OS'es are signed in with the same account, insider builds could start coming for both the OS'es.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    1. Yes, you just install Windows 10 again on an additional partition and sign up for insider builds.

2. There is no issue at all signing into both with the Microsoft Account. That's one of the reasons for having a Microsoft Account is to sync across multiple "devices". Only things like some settings and themes and such will sync across - your regular Windows 10 will not suddenly jump to insider build because your second "device" is on insider build. Microsoft considers a second partition to be a second device. Many of us here have RTM and Insider builds, including myself, logged into the same Microsoft account. This is what gets synced:

Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider. [​IMG]

You can also turn syncing completely off if you want and still be signed in with the same Microsoft Account.

3. There is no need for a third party dual-booting program. Regular Windows boot manager handles it just fine.

NavyLCDR, Jun 14, 2016
  10. Thanks! One more question though..after installing the build, how do I distinguish the two versions from the boot manager during startup? If I am not mistaken, won't the both the OS' have the same name in the manager as I have heard in some sites? How do I rename the entries so as to be able to understand which one is the non-insider build?

11. meebers Win User
    I also use a .msn account for RTM and insider versions. I have them on separate ssd's. On the RTM version. I added another account, changed type to administrator and this is the one I use on a daily basis.

meebers, Jun 14, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can use a program called EasyBCD to edit the boot menu and change the entries to names that you want:
    Software Library - NeoSmart Technologies

You don't even have to register, just click the Download button and leave the email fields blank.

NavyLCDR, Jun 14, 2016
  13. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

Thanks again : ) I guess I will be going ahead with this. Will let you guys know how it went!

14. On the Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO download page, there are five options, Insider Preview, Insider Preview for Enterprise, Education and Chinese Single Language. Since I am currently on Win 10 Pro, do I choose the first option?

15. NavyLCDR New Member
    It would be just the first one. That will get you an outdated insider preview edition to start with, which will then upgrade to the latest insider preview when you join the fast ring. Unfortunately, there is no ISO file available for the latest insider edition from Microsoft, which I just got on the fast ring early this morning.

NavyLCDR, Jun 14, 2016
Thema:

Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider.

1. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 insider. - Similar Threads - Dual boot Pro

2. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64: Hello guys, As I have intermittent problems with my current double boot I want to start from scratch, delete all windows partitions and efi. I wanna make a dual boot for Windows 10 pro with the following config :SSD 1: windows 10 pro partition with bitlocker activated , 1efi...
  3. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64: Hello guys, As I have intermittent problems with my current double boot I want to start from scratch, delete all windows partitions and efi. I wanna make a dual boot for Windows 10 pro with the following config :SSD 1: windows 10 pro partition with bitlocker activated , 1efi...
  4. Dual boot, Windows 10 pro, x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  6. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  7. Regarding dual boot with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding dual boot with Windows 10 Pro: I had installed Windows 10 Pro on my starting disk space of ssd and additionally I installed Kali Linux 2020.4 at the end of my ssd 's space.Now when i start my system it doesnot ask for the required OS to boot and boots into Windows 10. I wanted to boot to my Kali Linux....
  8. dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro

dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro: About Dual boot if having installed Windows 10 Pro - but OS suffers cannot update OS neither install nor update Applications If I wanted dual boot it 1 If insert a second SSD, and install Windows 10 Pro --- this process will create a Boot loader - and at boot choose the...
  9. Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro

Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro: Greetings, I hope this finds you and yours as well as you can be, in these trying times. I am currently running a laptop with one OEM windows (came with the machine) and a retail copy I purchased, on two different partitions. I use the machine for music production and the...
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 Pro with Windows 10 Pro failed

Dual boot Windows 10 Pro with Windows 10 Pro failed: Hi, I have to make a dual boot with both Windows 10 Pro install on the same SSD of 512 GB. My problem is : The first one is installed well with the 4 partitions on a GPT style partition. When I want to install the second one, it tells me "Cannot install Windows. The...