Windows 10: Dual boot windows 10 - shared documents and settings

Discus and support Dual boot windows 10 - shared documents and settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Here is the situation : I work in two schools with different domains. I had to setup 2 windows 10 in dual boot on my computer. So depending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manuel, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Manuel Win User

Dual boot windows 10 - shared documents and settings

Hello,

Here is the situation : I work in two schools with different domains. I had to setup 2 windows 10 in dual boot on my computer. So depending on what school I am working at the moment I start windows 10 (I) or windows 10 (II).
    Relocating desktop folder, documents, music, video's, pictures is no problem.
    But is there a possibility to share also the rest of the documents and setting. It's like using roaming profiles on your own computer? It would be easy to have the same settings in both windows 10 machines.

Many thx for the help

:)

Manuel, Jan 29, 2016
  2. 911boss Win User

Can we try out Windows 10 WITHOUT OBLIGATION?

1. How do you set up a dual boot to keep Windows 7 and install Windows 10? Will all my installed programs, games, saved documents, & etc. be saved in both operating systems without affecting them?

2. If I do set up a dual boot to have both Windows 7 and Windows 10 installed to see if I like Windows 10 or not, how do I uninstall Win 10 without affecting Win 7 and everything there (programs, documents, & etc.)?

3. What is the minimum requirements to have both Win 7 and Win 10 installed on one PC and/0r laptop?

911boss, Jan 29, 2016
  3. gscosta Win User
    Dual Boot Change from Windows 8.1 & 7 to Windows 10 & 7

I have a dual boot Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.

(1) Is it possible to have a triple boot Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7?

(2) If not, can I just upgrade the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 to have a dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7? Or do I have to do the normal dual boot set-up?

gscosta, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Dual boot windows 10 - shared documents and settings

1. Dual boot windows 10 - shared documents and settings - Similar Threads - Dual boot shared

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings: Is it possible to install both windows 10 and 11 and tell them to share some settings/files, eg the stuff determining which apps are shown in the apps & features list, the desktop shortcuts and layout, taskbar, startmenu, autostart apps, etc. so i can switch between the two...
  3. Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings: Is it possible to install both windows 10 and 11 and tell them to share some settings/files, eg the stuff determining which apps are shown in the apps & features list, the desktop shortcuts and layout, taskbar, startmenu, autostart apps, etc. so i can switch between the two...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 and 11 while sharing settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. dual boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot windows 10: Hi,I have windows 10 dual boot now running with windows 7.I want to start a 3rd dual boot entry. This will be a clean install of windows 10 on the same computer on a different HD. So I will have 2 versions of windows 10.I then want to slowly migrate to this new clean install....
  6. Mouse settings primary button shared between dual boot windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse settings primary button shared between dual boot windows: Hello,I have dual boot Windows 10 on different SSDs.When I change mouse to left handed in one windows installation it become left-handed in another. I assume mouse settings shoudn't be shared between dual boot windows installations, at least other settings are not.Could I...
  7. Dual boot settings needed

Dual boot settings needed: I can not find this one and would appreciate a lot same of your help. I have two OSs, Windows 10 x32 (needed for some software) or OS1 and Windows x64 or OS2 on separate hard drives. What is the problem? If I boot and load Windows 10 x32 and make shutdown, after I start...
  8. Setting up dual boot with Windows 10

Setting up dual boot with Windows 10: I have a new SSD with 500gb with Windows 7 installed on it. I have an old SSD with 128GB, empty. I want to move the content of the bigger SSD to the smaller one (there's enough space) while maintaining the installation of Windows 7, and install an additional operating...
  9. Windows 10 Dual boot?

Windows 10 Dual boot?: I have heard that because of windows 10, you cannot dual boot. 1- Can you dual boot with Ubunto or Linux Mint? 2- If yes, must they be set in a partition alongside the Windows partition. Thanx 92289
  10. Windows 10 Dual Boot UEFI Missing or Shared Partitions on SSD2?

Windows 10 Dual Boot UEFI Missing or Shared Partitions on SSD2?: Dual Boot W10 + W8.1 installs using 2 SSDs. Any thoughts on why there are less partitions on SSD install #2? SSD 1 W10 (installed first) C Drive: - Recovery - System - Reserved - Primary SSD 2 W8.1 (installed last) - Reserved - Primary Am I right in saying...