Windows 10: Dual boot Windows 10 won't boot up - error oxc 0000428

Discus and support Dual boot Windows 10 won't boot up - error oxc 0000428 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows 10 will no longer boot up. I get an error oxc 0000428 saying it cannot verify the digital signature windows/system32/windows.exe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dazzer, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Dazzer Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 won't boot up - error oxc 0000428

Hello,

My Windows 10 will no longer boot up. I get an error oxc 0000428 saying it cannot verify the digital signature windows/system32/windows.exe.

My Sony Vaio laptop has dual boot, Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit). It is the latter which won't boot.

The problem occurred after I probably pressed the incorrect function key because I was trying to get to the BIOS to stop the laptop booting up from USB drives.

I've seen you should be able to press F8 to get the repair screen but I simply get the error screen and I go round circles when it asks which OS I want to boot. The Windows 7 (recovered), the 32-bit one works, but the one listed as Windows 7 simply goes to the error screen and I can only get from that back to the boot list screen.

How to I resurrect my Windows 10?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Dazzer, Oct 15, 2017
  2. ciscoYQ Win User

Windows 10 failed to dwnload

This morning my automatic windows 10 started to download (I was not sure I really wanted it) but on reaching the end of the download,

it told me it was unable to complete and would revert to the original windows 7.

This also failed and I was left with a black screen indicating "the boot selection failed because the required device is inaccessible" and

shows error Oxc 000000f. I am unable to boot up my desktop since this happened. I really wish I had avioded windows 10.

Can anyone help me?

ciscoYQ, Oct 15, 2017
  3. ReyRoques Win User
    Windows 10 update for Dual boot Windows 7 and windows 8.1

Is it possible to have two Windows 10 instillations on one computer? That is One PC that was Dual Booting with Windows 10 (Insider's Edition) and Windows 8.1 Pro. On the 28th of July it prompted me to update and I did, there were no problems initially
    then I started having BCD errors.

Finally it crashed, won't boot up due to BCD errors...is it just NOT possible to have two installs on one computer or was it just bad luck?

ReyRoques, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Dual boot Windows 10 won't boot up - error oxc 0000428

Hi,
    You'll need the 10 installation media to possibly use it's recovery tools
    I doubt the win-7 tools would work properly since 10 acts like an alpha and hijacks the boot loader...

ThrashZone, Oct 15, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
  6. Looks like malware infection there is no such file as windows.exe you will have to delete this file.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will delete windows/system32/windows.exe file.

Code: Del /f /a /q D:\windows\system32\windows.exe[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual boot Windows 10 won't boot up - error oxc 0000428

1. Dual boot Windows 10 won't boot up - error oxc 0000428 - Similar Threads - Dual boot won't

2. Windows 10 won't boot anymore on Windows 10/Ubuntu dual boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot anymore on Windows 10/Ubuntu dual boot.: I pressed standby button on keyboard while in Windows 10 then left computer, when I came back hard drive light was solid and mouse, keyboard and monitor switches had no effect so I pressed the reset button now Windows 10 wont boot but Linux on same ssd but different partition...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot up

Windows 10 won't boot up: This started before the last night, my Pc won't boot up not even showing the windows logo. It just shows some blinking underlines then it goes to black screen, nothing, no cursor. I can press caps lock and it still lights up even if I can't do anything, tried ctrlaltdel and...
  4. Windows won't show in dual boot

Windows won't show in dual boot: I recently started dual booting on my pc. Today I turned my pc on and windows was not an option to boot to. I tried creating a windows usb on my phone but my computer won't let me boot from the usb. I tried changing the boot order to and that didn't work either. I have no...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot up

Windows 10 won't boot up: So yesterday I installed a new fan and it booted just fine, after I was done doing things on the computer I went to shutdown and it restarted, it show the post-boot and when it trys tu run windows the logo appears a few seconds and then it loops back to the post-boot then...
  6. Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..: So I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to dual boot and install Ubuntu on it. I shrunk the size of my partition and made a small one for Ubuntu. It now boots up automatically when I turn the computer on. If I go into boot options and select hard drive to boot...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot up.: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File:\Boot\BCD Error code:0xc0000014c I have been stuck for days and need help. This may have been after one of the many updates....
  8. Windows 10 won't boot up

Windows 10 won't boot up: When I turn on my computer it starts the automatic repair and reapeats it 3 times till it brings me to a blue screen saying "automatic repair couldn't repair you pc" and "Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" I dont know if this is important I tried the...
  9. Setting up dual boot with Windows 10

Setting up dual boot with Windows 10: I have a new SSD with 500gb with Windows 7 installed on it. I have an old SSD with 128GB, empty. I want to move the content of the bigger SSD to the smaller one (there's enough space) while maintaining the installation of Windows 7, and install an additional operating...
  10. Dual-Boot 10 and 7,... 7 won't boot

Dual-Boot 10 and 7,... 7 won't boot: Below is a listing of my rig's internals. This was my umty-8th build 6years ago, with the Crucial M4 SSD and the Program drive and the Backup drive. The 1TB game drive was added about two years ago. Note: This rig has been nothing but fast and trouble free. Also, I build...