Windows 10: Dual Boot

Discus and support Dual Boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I've a Windows Laptop from Asus with Home edition installed and I need to have Linux on it as a dual boot. I've a separate purchased Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RajeshEkkaladevi, May 29, 2024.

1. Dual Boot

Hello,I've a Windows Laptop from Asus with Home edition installed and I need to have Linux on it as a dual boot. I've a separate purchased Windows 11 Pro license and would like to install the purchased Windows 11 Pro onto a shrunk partition of the Laptop. For some reason the Windows 11 Pro Bootable CD cannot see the SSD of the Laptop and the partitions created on the OEM Windows 11.I've already disabled the following:1. Secure Boot2. Bitocker SecurityCan you please let me know how to wipe the OEM WIndows 11 with the purchased Windows 11 Pro onto the shrunk partition keeping other partition

:)

RajeshEkkaladevi, May 29, 2024
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 29, 2024
  3. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 29, 2024
  4. Dual Boot

Dual boot

Hi Jazz. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

The license doesn't matter for a Dual Boot with Linux.

Here is the best guide to dual booting with Linux:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/dual-boot-wind...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Dual Boot

1. Dual Boot - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. How to resolve 0xc000021a error in dual boot pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve 0xc000021a error in dual boot pc: I have dual booted pc windows11 originally 10,Ubuntu. It all worked fine till now where windows is booting and it is showing 0xc000021a error. Ubuntu is working fine btw. I had a previous issue of wifi,bluetooth drivers stopping abruptly so I bought tp link TL-WN725N a new...
  3. How to resolve 0xc000021a error in dual boot pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve 0xc000021a error in dual boot pc: I have dual booted pc windows11 originally 10,Ubuntu. It all worked fine till now where windows is booting and it is showing 0xc000021a error. Ubuntu is working fine btw. I had a previous issue of wifi,bluetooth drivers stopping abruptly so I bought tp link TL-WN725N a new...
  4. Recently i did a dual boot on my laptop and i deleted windows 10 then keeped my main system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently i did a dual boot on my laptop and i deleted windows 10 then keeped my main system...: i feel like my laptop slowed down and i want to reset but it broke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-did-a-dual-boot-on-my-laptop-and-i/a46ca248-90f2-463a-b376-aa0e366b5658
  5. Recently i did a dual boot on my laptop and i deleted windows 10 then keeped my main system...

Recently i did a dual boot on my laptop and i deleted windows 10 then keeped my main system...: i feel like my laptop slowed down and i want to reset but it broke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-did-a-dual-boot-on-my-laptop-and-i/a46ca248-90f2-463a-b376-aa0e366b5658
  6. I can't delete a partition i created for dual boot/Windows 7. constant blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a partition i created for dual boot/Windows 7. constant blue screen of death.: Hello, i wanted to dual boot my Windows 10 Pro laptop with Windows 7. Earlier i wanted a better performance on my laptop because it was slow, so i searched up on youtube on how to dual boot, because i didn't want to affect/erase my mom's account. When i created a partition...
  7. I can't delete a partition i created for dual boot/Windows 7. constant blue screen of death.

I can't delete a partition i created for dual boot/Windows 7. constant blue screen of death.: Hello, i wanted to dual boot my Windows 10 Pro laptop with Windows 7. Earlier i wanted a better performance on my laptop because it was slow, so i searched up on youtube on how to dual boot, because i didn't want to affect/erase my mom's account. When i created a partition...
  8. I can't delete a partition i created for dual boot/Windows 7. constant blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Pop os dual booting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop os dual booting problem: Hi I was dual booting pop so and windows 11 but I think I mistakenly cleaned install it.But in bios it's showing two boot options usb and my nvmeCan someone tell do I have windows 11 or not .If It is there how to access....
  10. Pop os dual booting problem

Pop os dual booting problem: Hi I was dual booting pop so and windows 11 but I think I mistakenly cleaned install it.But in bios it's showing two boot options usb and my nvmeCan someone tell do I have windows 11 or not .If It is there how to access....