Windows 10: Dual Boot

Discus and support Dual Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am have a Win10 and an XP box. I recently tried the XP drive in the box which to date has run Win10. XP booted wittout any issue and I spent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spacebiscuit75, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Dual Boot

Hi,

I am have a Win10 and an XP box. I recently tried the XP drive in the box which to date has run Win10. XP booted wittout any issue and I spent some time to install the current system drivers and the system seems stable.

So I'd now like to mount the two drives in the same box and be able to choose which drive to boot - Win10 or XP. Win10 is the system I will mostly be using but would be nice to have the option to boot XP when I need to.

Are there any good tools available to enable this?

Thnaks in advance,

Bob.

:)

spacebiscuit75, Jan 21, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Always booting from the wrong drive

Drive K is not a boot drive.

If dual booting Windows located on the drive K: it will be changed to C:

You have to do the dual boot from the BIOS.

Check post from Andre da Costa on Dual booting.

lacrumb, Jan 21, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Boot Issues, Partitioning Errors, Backup, and Dual-Booting Windows 10

This was in fact a dual boot problem. All VM is dual boot.

lacrumb, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Dual Boot

The simple way is to run xp as a free virtual pc with virtual box as xp isnt secure there is a danger it could effect win10 if you duel boot. If you have the option to boot certain drives in the bios and you dont use xp often you could choose to boot it via the bios less hassel than creating boot options

Samuria, Jan 21, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    If both are working on same desktop, you could connect XP one in empty slot as second drive and install and set EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies in W10 which would help you make dual boot easily.
    Here's my example:
    Attachment 173752

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dual Boot

1. Dual Boot - Similar Threads - Dual Boot

2. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  3. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  4. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  5. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  6. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  7. Dual boot option not showing

Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  8. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...: Hey everyone, recently I tried to install Windows 10 Pro for dual boot, and it automatically use the same activation key from my Windows 11 Pro. Thankfully I managed to get rid the Windows 10 Pro in fear of Microsoft blocking my activation key. Is there any way to use Windows...
  10. How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...

How to install Windows 10 pro for dual boot without it automatically use the same license...: Hey everyone, recently I tried to install Windows 10 Pro for dual boot, and it automatically use the same activation key from my Windows 11 Pro. Thankfully I managed to get rid the Windows 10 Pro in fear of Microsoft blocking my activation key. Is there any way to use Windows...