Windows 10: dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue

Discus and support dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok i have 2 windows 10 partitions 1 a 2tb hardrive witch is my main partition 2 a 1tb partition also running windows 10 it let me witch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elfenliedtopfan, Aug 7, 2017.

1. dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue

ok i have 2 windows 10 partitions

1 a 2tb hardrive witch is my main partition
    2 a 1tb partition also running windows 10

it let me witch between my main one to volume 5 witch is the one im on now but the boot menu wont give me the option to revert back to my other windows 10 partition here is a image of the volumes

dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue [​IMG]

the one selected is the one i want to go back to volume 2
    the one im currently on is volume 5 but there is no option to go back to volume 2 in the boot menu and i dont understand why when i installed them both the same way.

any help would be much appeicated thanks 5

:)

elfenliedtopfan, Aug 7, 2017

2. Dual boot with Ubuntu

I have a dual boot system with windows 8.1 and Ubuntu side by side, both on different partitions.

I have heard rumours about windows deleting the Ubuntu partitions during some update process or such.

Is there any possibility of happening that if I try to update 8.1 to windows 10 from a ISO or through another process?

Obviously, I don't want to lose any of the data on the process let alone Ubuntu along with it.

Md. Jahidul Hamid, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 updates and app stroe updates not working

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

You may want to install Windows 10 in another partition which is also called dual boot along with Windows 7 and check if everything works fine with Windows 10 while you are still using Windows 7.

You may refer to suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa in order to dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 7

Dual booting with windows 10 and 7

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 7, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue

Try using EasyBCD to create the other W10 entry on the boot screen.

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

But let`s get something clear first.

This is 1 hard drive with 2 separate W10 installs on 2 separate partitions correct ?

AddRAM, Aug 7, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    In a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) run:

bcdboot E:\Windows /addlast /d

that's all you have to do.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue

1. dual booted 10 along side another windows 10 partition issue - Similar Threads - dual booted along

2. Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot: I have a dual boot setup, Windows 10 and a Linux distro. There aren't any problems with either OS but my Windows doesn't seem to have a recovery partition. I need to access the command prompt from ASO but ASO only has "Turn off your PC" option.reagentc /info returns:Windows...
  3. Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot: I have a dual boot setup, Windows 10 and a Linux distro. There aren't any problems with either OS but my Windows doesn't seem to have a recovery partition. I need to access the command prompt from ASO but ASO only has "Turn off your PC" option.reagentc /info returns:Windows...
  4. Repair Windows 10 recovery partition on dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will extracting the Windows 11 ISO to another partition give me a dual boot with 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will extracting the Windows 11 ISO to another partition give me a dual boot with 10?: So, my idea is I put the files and folders from the Windows 11 ISO in another partition, and run setup.exe and it will download and install Windows 11 in that same partition and I will ba able to dual boot 10 and 11 without a USB right?...
  6. Will extracting the Windows 11 ISO to another partition give me a dual boot with 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will extracting the Windows 11 ISO to another partition give me a dual boot with 10?: So, my idea is I put the files and folders from the Windows 11 ISO in another partition, and run setup.exe and it will download and install Windows 11 in that same partition and I will ba able to dual boot 10 and 11 without a USB right?...
  7. Dual boot Ubuntu along side windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot Ubuntu along side windows 10: After installing ubuntu 20.04 along side my windows 10, I couldn't boot to windows anylonger. All I see is a black screen with some dashed lines whenever I select option of booting to windows from GRUB.I NEED HELP....
  8. Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual booting windows 10 and 7 issues.: Hi everyone, I'm dual booting windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 LTSC they are UEFI installs, I installed windows 7 first. When windows 7 was the last booted OS it will show the old black bootloader selecting windows 7 from there will work just fine, but selecting windows 10...
  9. Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10: Hello. I had dual booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, where Ubuntu was stored. But, now...
  10. Can another OPS be installed along side with win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can another OPS be installed along side with win 10?: Can i install Ubuntu along side win 10 and how/ also is this true?thanks Windows 10 Might Not Allow You to Use Dual Boot 4984