Windows 10: Dual booting and system imaging

Discus and support Dual booting and system imaging in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheRandomBrian, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Dual booting and system imaging

Hey. So i currently have Windows 10 pro on my wd blue nvme 256gb and i have 500gb ssd for storing my games. I will get a another 500gb ssd for other media like videos and photos.

I would like to get into video editing and that leads me to "how to do this". I want to dual boot hackintosh (high sierra) and windows 10 pro. I assume i would have to wipe my drive clean and install hackintosh first (after editing settings in bios) and then install 10. Can i system image what my current windows 10 state after i install hackintosh? That way i don't end up doing everything all over again?

Pretty much split half my nvme memory space for 2 OS (128GBx2). I want to get into video editing to upload my game clips and see where i go. I am starting from the bottom *cry

:)

TheRandomBrian, Mar 24, 2018
  2. Adam.Kay Win User

Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10)

Hi! I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows XP and Windows 10. I am loving Windows 10 and I want to remove Windows XP from my dual-boot configuration (and remove the whole dual-boot thing completely)
    but it also acts as the system partition, so I guess it's not as straight-forward as I had hoped. Is there a way to make my Windows 10 partition the system partition?

Dual booting and system imaging [​IMG]

Adam.Kay, Mar 24, 2018
  3. How to Clone 'dual boot' Win7/Win10 HDD to new SSD

Hi Jackos,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to create a system image of Win7/Win10 and apply it to SSD.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below steps.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.
    • Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.
    • Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.
    • Select the driver, where you want to create system Image.
    • Follow on screen instruction.
    If you want to perform a dual boot you can refer to the below link and check if it helps:

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 24, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Dual booting and system imaging

I wuldn't mix those two on same disk but on separate disks. It's bad enough to mix with Linux. With another disk, either for Windows and another for Siera. That way you'd have two fully independent OS and any problem with one wouldn't wipe out the other one.

CountMike, Mar 25, 2018
Thema:

Dual booting and system imaging

1. Dual booting and system imaging - Similar Threads - Dual booting system

2. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  3. Macrium and dual boot system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  4. Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual-booting the same system image in two partitions of the same SSD: Hi all! My laptop currently has two partitions: the Primary one & one storing files. Due to work, I'd like to create a new partition & install exactly the same image as on my Primary drive, which I'll tweak over time. My Windows is OEM, as it was installed by the...
  5. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  6. Time delay in dual boot system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time delay in dual boot system: I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Every time I switch to Ubuntu and get back to windows, I find time is delayed 2 hours! I am using a Dell laptop. What should I do to fix this?...
  7. System Image and Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image and Boot Manager: i'm having two issues. i created a system image. windows can't find it when i tried to load it. i've done 3 things since i created the image. i marked the systemimagebackup folder as hidden. i moved it to another folder. i shrank the size of the drive the image was created...
  8. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  9. How to reinstall a dual boot cloned image

How to reinstall a dual boot cloned image: I am new here, I was wondering if you can please help me with this issue. I have basic skills. Recently I created a dual boot system with win 7 and 10, on separate hard drives. Vertex 3 and Samsung 850. I have created clones of each drive using acronis on separate hard...
  10. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe: Since Windows 8.1 core OEM has the Sear.ch malware on it and I have a Windows 8.1 Pro key, I'm going to format the partition and reinstall. I have the flash drive ready with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. At the same time I'm going to format the partition and reinstall Windows 10...