Windows 10: Dual booting windows 7 home premium and windows 10 pro

Discus and support Dual booting windows 7 home premium and windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 Home Premium but I wanted to install Windows 10 Pro onto a separate drive. I have a few questions about this. Will I need to buy a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by endershadow, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Dual booting windows 7 home premium and windows 10 pro

I have Windows 7 Home Premium but I wanted to install Windows 10 Pro onto a separate drive. I have a few questions about this.
    • Will I need to buy a new license for Windows 10 Pro or can I install it for free even though I have Home Premium?
    • Is there a way to tell Windows 10 (after I install it) that my programs are installed on a different drive, or will I have to re-install all of them?

:)

endershadow, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Activation

Short History:

OEM Windows Vista

Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Dual Boot Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 10 Insider Program

Uninstall Windows 10 / Dual Boot

Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to free Windows 10 Home using Media Creation Tool and usb drive

Decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home to an ssd. No problem, system showed Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license.

Have not used the computer for about a week, logged on this morning and a message was displayed saying Windows not activated.

I used the Windows Activation Troubleshooter it stated Windows 10 Pro key detected and to upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

I did and it now shows Window 10 Pro as being activated with a digital license.

Why would this happen? Do I have a need to be concerned?

WarchildAO, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JudieDay Win User
    Dual Boot with Windows 7 and Windows 10

Will we be allowed to dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 Home Premium?

JudieDay, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Dual booting windows 7 home premium and windows 10 pro

1. Dual booting windows 7 home premium and windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Dual booting home

2. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Home Premium: I have a license for Windows 7 Home Premium. Can I install it now and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-home-premium/c0fb9515-29cd-4baa-beba-cf1f6047ec61
  4. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key: This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths...
  5. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key: This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths...
  6. Help with Windows 10 pro install with windows 7 home premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Windows 10 pro install with windows 7 home premium: I purchased Windows 10 pro in USB install media. I want to install on laptop with windows 7 home premium.. Is this compatible? It will not boot from the USB drive saying to use windows setup - would that be setup from the USB drive?...
  7. Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, Can i get a free upgrade for the above and is it hard to do? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-to-windows-10-pro/e7057371-8f46-444d-9e4a-5cb34b0d788c
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: I'd like to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro. Which version of 10 Pro will upgrade, while leaving my existing programs & files intact? I need to do this before Windows 7 is phased out. I see Frys Electronics is selling an "OEM" version of 10 Pro. Will...
  9. dual boot windows pro with home?

dual boot windows pro with home?: I bought an ASUS notebook with windows 10 home which has 1703. I plan to replace the drive with an WD 500gb black NVME drive and boot off of it. I was planning on installing PRO version on that NVME drive. My idea is pull off the 2TB old SATA drive, boot the usb creator, and...
  10. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...