Windows 10: Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution

Discus and support Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to Win 10 in late July, but lately realized maybe Microsoft might not be providing the updates to solve my current issues. My computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hll86, Sep 9, 2015.

1. hll86 Win User

Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution

I upgraded to Win 10 in late July, but lately realized maybe Microsoft might not be providing the updates to solve my current issues.

My computer is pretty old, and the hardware is the same as it came out of the box, other than attaching a spare hard drive. It is a Dell Dimension E520.

The processor is an Intel dual core e6300 @ 1.86 ghz, but Win 10 seems to only detect one core and is therefore only running at 1.86 ghz instead of the 3+ ghz I was expecting.

My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 940BW and my computer currently does not recognize it has a native resolution of 1440x900. I can only run 4:3 resolutions instead of the 16:10 resolutions I need.

Can anyone please walk me through on how I can solve these problems? I've already looked at the manufacturer's websites and they don't seem to support Win 10 drivers for these products. I'm a little worried that my computer hardware is so old that there's nothing to be done. Also, I don't have the money to pay for driver-installing software that were recommended elsewhere on the forums.

Any help given would be appreciated.

:)

hll86, Sep 9, 2015

2. E-71, what is the GPS chipset and CPU make

TI OMAP is a dual core. One core for the mobile radio and one for the rest of the stuff.

A dual core 369 MhZ will normally work as fast as a 500 - 600 MhZ single core processor.

Since E71 is fast enough, I was just curious to know if it is dual core, ARM or single core ARM.

Ah... now I hope that clarifies my question.

Thanks

V

thevic---01, Sep 9, 2015
  3. danscoop Win User
    PC Suite - The Ultimate Nightmare

Hi Alialsalim,

I noted in your message that you listed the software you were using, but not the hardware for the PC or the Laptop. Also, you did not list the software being run on the laptop. For sake of comparison, can you list the software packages (OS etc) on the laptop
    that worked? Can you list the hardware configuration for both?

One of the replies to your original message listed some errors I had encountered while running 6.8 on my PC, Windows XP Pro... One of the threads I found indicated the issue might be related to Dual Core Processors and I do run an Athlon with a Dual Core.

Since the topic of Dual Core Processors has been hotly debated, I am not going to add fuel to the fire. My resolution has been to run PC Suite 6.7 and see if the 6.81 build has many complaints. I can't provide any help on getting 6.81 to work.

If you can provide your hardware configuration, it might be useful. Either it will eliminate the spectre of the Dual Core issue, or it may provide enough details for a case study to see if Hardware is an issue.

Dan

danscoop, Sep 9, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Sep 10, 2015
  5. hll86 Win User
    Thanks for the help. I did what you said and the computer seems to recognize both cores now. However, the computer still feels pretty slow and the task manager still says the max speed is 1.86 ghz, which doesn't seem right, but I guess it'll have to do for now.

Any chance you or anyone else here can help me get 1440x900 resolution? Slimware Utilities didn't find my monitor's drivers and everything still looks a little squished.

hll86, Sep 11, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    Check your CPU settings in your power plan. Also keep in mind that 2 GB of RAM is very limiting on a Windows 10 system. I suspect your hard drives (given the age of your system) are not particularly fast and you have heavy reliance on virtual memory (page file) which is operating very slowly. Adding RAM will definitely help. Alternatively an SSD would be the most dramatic improvement affecting both hard drive speed and page file speed.

Snakeyes, Sep 11, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    You do not need a monitor driver but for GPU and for that one you may be out of luck.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution - Similar Threads - Dual Core running

2. intel pentium dual core e5200

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel pentium dual core e5200: Is intel pentium dual core e5200 good enough for running windows 10?I have 3GB of ram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-pentium-dual-core-e5200/dd449336-bc87-449c-9577-f642f11e2fe7
  3. Only one core

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one core: I had this pc for awhile nothing wrong with it until one day it starts to get laggy almost impossible to use I check the msconfig tab and see on the drop-down that it shows I only have one core I go task manager also shows I have one but I know it has 4 can anyone help me I...
  4. Only one core

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one core: I had this pc for awhile nothing wrong with it until one day it starts to get laggy almost impossible to use I check the msconfig tab and see on the drop-down that it shows I only have one core I go task manager also shows I have one but I know it has 4 can anyone help me I...
  5. Only one core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Core Isolation Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Will Not Run: Core Isolation is flagging me with an error that says it will not run because I have a driver running called usb2ser.sys from MediaTek Inc. oem123.inf. I cannot figure out why I have this driver and I don't find it using normal tools.I ran regedit to see if I could learn...
  7. Core Isolation Will Not Run

Core Isolation Will Not Run: Core Isolation is flagging me with an error that says it will not run because I have a driver running called usb2ser.sys from MediaTek Inc. oem123.inf. I cannot figure out why I have this driver and I don't find it using normal tools.I ran regedit to see if I could learn...
  8. Celeron Dual Core Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Celeron Dual Core Issue: I have a laptop equipped with Celeron Dual Core processor. In the present time, I am using Windows 10 and when I used my laptop during the work, I face many lags due to the slow speed of the processor. Today, I receive the update of the Windows 11 and I am not sure that I...
  9. Celeron Dual Core Issue

Celeron Dual Core Issue: I have a laptop equipped with Celeron Dual Core processor. In the present time, I am using Windows 10 and when I used my laptop during the work, I face many lags due to the slow speed of the processor. Today, I receive the update of the Windows 11 and I am not sure that I...
  10. Celeron Dual Core Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade