Windows 10: Dual Monitor Alignment

Discus and support Dual Monitor Alignment in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just downloaded Windows 10 today after a mishap with my old SSD. I have to say I'm enjoying the experience. That being said, and as much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PRCvek, Oct 26, 2015.

1. PRCvek Win User

Dual Monitor Alignment

Hey guys,

I just downloaded Windows 10 today after a mishap with my old SSD. I have to say I'm enjoying the experience. That being said, and as much as I hate asking for information, I'd like to know if there is a way to perfectly align monitors as was possible in Windows 7.

I have two monitors, both VS248, at 1920x1080. One is connected to DVI-D, and the other to HDMI. I have updated drivers for my AMD HD7850, as well as generic Windows updates. For some reason, however, this occurs:

Screen capture - 57fbb5f1e5977bf06726d5a67aed88a7 - Gyazo

As can be seen, the intersecting point of both monitors has a slight pixel difference. I have no idea why this is occurring as they are both the same monitors and they have been perfectly aligned in both AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and Windows 10 Display Settings. The only difference that I observe is that in AMD CCC, when going in 'Desktop Properties', desktop 1 has Desktop area as 1080p whereas desktop 2 has 1920x1080. They are essentially the same thing, however, which leaves me baffled as to the cause of this misalignment.

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, but a search didn't turn up anything (perhaps due to incorrect search terms?). Either way, I would appreciate it immensely if someone could offer some insight into why this is happening. As petty as it may seem, this is actually a huge issue for me (potentially dealbreaking); if I can't find a solution, I may have to reinstall Windows 7.

Thanks for your time!

:)

PRCvek, Oct 26, 2015

2. Screen Display Flickering and Transition issues

It's good that the flickering and shaking is resolved. Dual Monitor Alignment :)

Are you using a dual monitors? Right click on your desktop and click on View -> Align icons to grid to check that option. This will prevent the icons from overlapping each other when you move them about.

293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, Oct 26, 2015
  3. JaycenR Win User
    Desktop Icons Not Static

Super annoying...

Every time I reboot my Windows 10 PC, the icons on my desktop re-organize themselves. They move and do not stay in the same place as they did in previous versions.

I have dual displays and sometimes upon logon the icons will all move to the left monitor, even though the "default" monitor is the right one.

"Align icons to grid" is selected but they just don't stay in the same place.

JaycenR, Oct 26, 2015
  4. rboris Win User

Dual Monitor Alignment

go to display settings (right click on blank portion of desktop).
    make sure the two displays are aligned at top and bottom.
    if not drag one of them so it aligns perfectly with the other.

rboris, Oct 26, 2015
  5. PRCvek Win User
    Thanks for your help, but this isn't the issue, as outlined in my earlier post. ". . . they are both the same monitors and they have been perfectly aligned in both AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and Windows 10 Display Settings."

If anyone can think of anything else that may affect the alignment of monitors, please let me know. *cry

PRCvek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitor Alignment

1. Dual Monitor Alignment - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Alignment

2. Completely Align My Monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Align My Monitors?: Microsoft, fix your multi-monitor support, or at least add a PROPER indicator to show that it's correctly align.Why I highlighted 'PROPER'? I thought that the 2nd monitor is correctly aligned since [ 2 ] snaps to [ 1 ] bottom as reference.However, after taking a screenshots,...
  3. Completely Align My Monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely Align My Monitors?: Microsoft, fix your multi-monitor support, or at least add a PROPER indicator to show that it's correctly align.Why I highlighted 'PROPER'? I thought that the 2nd monitor is correctly aligned since [ 2 ] snaps to [ 1 ] bottom as reference.However, after taking a screenshots,...
  4. Multiple monitor screen alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor screen alignment: Does anyone know how to align the screen space when using multiple monitors?How does one set the screens so that the mouse moves smoothly across the different screens?...
  5. Multiple monitor screen alignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor screen alignment: Does anyone know how to align the screen space when using multiple monitors?How does one set the screens so that the mouse moves smoothly across the different screens?...
  6. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1440p monitors will not align properly: I have four 1440p monitors. The middle ones top and bottom align properly.The two one of each side refuse to align properly with the monitor they are docked/linked to. All monitors are 1440p high... The side ones are shifted upward about 16 pixels. Attached is a Google remote...
  7. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1440p monitors will not align properly: I have four 1440p monitors. The middle ones top and bottom align properly.The two one of each side refuse to align properly with the monitor they are docked/linked to. All monitors are 1440p high... The side ones are shifted upward about 16 pixels. Attached is a Google remote...
  8. 1440p monitors will not align properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Monitor alignment nit

Monitor alignment nit: I have one monitor in landscape mode and one in portrait mode. No matter how I align them in Display Settings, the cursor tracks as if the monitor tops are aligned. When I move the mouse from the landscape monitor to the portrait monitor, the cursor appears to shift...
  10. How to micro align monitors

How to micro align monitors: Two identical monitors are connected to PC, one in portrait, one in landscape. I need to fine-tune the relative position, more precisely than the options quickly available via Settings-System-Display. Is there a registry or other setting where I can set position by pixel...