Windows 10: Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

Discus and support Dual monitor - Create independent screens. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Monitor 1] [Monitor 2] {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2} I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by evilaim, Jul 30, 2015.

1. evilaim Win User

Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

[Monitor 1] [Monitor 2]
    {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2}

I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with Taskbar 2 on Monitor 2.

Right now, they all open on Monitor 2 (primary). Any ideas how to make it if I click on an icon on T1 it'll always open on M1 and T2 on M2?

:)

evilaim, Jul 30, 2015
  2. H_ward Win User

DUAL MONITORS

How do you get dual monitors to work independently?

On my second monitor, all that shows is the taskbar and icons.

If I click on an icon, the program opens and shows on the monitor - and I can work on the opened program - but this same program is duplicated on my first monitor, irrespective of what ever program was open!

Help please!!!

H_ward, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dual Boot Install

Yes, you can install a second copy to either drive and activate it with a new Product Key. I showed you how to do it booted either independently by the BIOS or creating a Windows Dual Boot menu. This is important because the first method will keep both
    drives independently bootable, while the second method will create a WIndows Boot Manager in which the second install is dependent upon the first one's boot files until it is made independently bootable using the method I gave.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 30, 2015
  4. rgpaps25 Win User

I am having the same issues did you figure it out?

rgpaps25, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Dual monitor - Create independent screens. - Similar Threads - Dual monitor Create

2. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  3. Dragging server screens on dual monitors

Dragging server screens on dual monitors: Hello, I am using dual monitors (in extend mode) in my workspace. I used to be able to drag screens back and forth to both monitors without issues. Since we had a recent desk move I am not able to move server screens anymore to the other monitor but yet I can drag...
  4. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f
  5. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker: I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube, the photos app, osu and much more the screens flicker on and off as if trying to change resolutions. Sometimes its so bad...
  6. screen saver on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...
  7. dual monitors

dual monitors: I have Dell Inspiron 3059 all in one..Trying to connect a brand new Dell S2319NX to use for 2nd display through HDMI...its's working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/447cc414-259e-4218-871e-42220c07ffee
  8. dual monitors

dual monitors: for a couple of years I have run a dual monitor set up in windows 10 on my dell inspiron. after a visiting relative plugged in her lap top to do some work at my house the next time I booted up the 2cnd monitor is not recognized. I have uninstalled the graphics card and...
  9. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dual-monitors/ce136aab-628a-4fba-bad7-c70b481412b5
  10. Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops. Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then monitor 2 displaying virtual desktop 2. Thank you 11476