Windows 10: Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

Discus and support Dual monitor - Create independent screens. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Monitor 1] [Monitor 2] {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2} I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by evilaim, Jul 30, 2015.

1. evilaim Win User

Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

[Monitor 1] [Monitor 2]
    {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2}

I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with Taskbar 2 on Monitor 2.

Right now, they all open on Monitor 2 (primary). Any ideas how to make it if I click on an icon on T1 it'll always open on M1 and T2 on M2?

:)

evilaim, Jul 30, 2015
  2. H_ward Win User

DUAL MONITORS

How do you get dual monitors to work independently?

On my second monitor, all that shows is the taskbar and icons.

If I click on an icon, the program opens and shows on the monitor - and I can work on the opened program - but this same program is duplicated on my first monitor, irrespective of what ever program was open!

Help please!!!

H_ward, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dual Boot Install

Yes, you can install a second copy to either drive and activate it with a new Product Key. I showed you how to do it booted either independently by the BIOS or creating a Windows Dual Boot menu. This is important because the first method will keep both
    drives independently bootable, while the second method will create a WIndows Boot Manager in which the second install is dependent upon the first one's boot files until it is made independently bootable using the method I gave.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 30, 2015
  4. rgpaps25 Win User

I am having the same issues did you figure it out?

rgpaps25, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Dual monitor - Create independent screens. - Similar Threads - Dual monitor Create

2. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  3. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  4. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Independant volume control for dual monitors

Independant volume control for dual monitors: Hello,I've bought an Acer Nitro monitor which comes with built in speakers, and I'm in need of a second monitor. I'm considering ordering another one identical to this, but I'd want to be able to control the volumes from the keyboard hotkeys for volume control, treating the...
  6. Independent backgrounds on two monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Independent backgrounds on two monitors: I have two monitors and a bunch of cool space art pictures i wanna put on them. I want a single picture to stay on one screen and a slideshow of all the others on the second screen. Is there a way to do it? Maybe some program for that? I'd appreciate any help, thank you....
  7. Lock screen on dual monitors

Lock screen on dual monitors: I can't get my lock screen to show on both monitors. When it's locked only one shows the lock screen and the other is pitch black. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-on-dual-monitors/643c270b-f196-4122-bbef-371a14643489
  8. Screen saver for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  9. Dual Monitor Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Screen Lock: I have dual monitors set up that work fine; however, when I lock my screen then come back, everything I have open is piled up on the Primary monitor, and I have to move everything around again to where I had originally placed everything. It is time consuming and annoying. Is...
  10. screen saver on dual monitors

screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...