Windows 10: Dual monitor or ultrawide?

Discus and support Dual monitor or ultrawide? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. I am stuck between decisions. I plan on getting the GTX 1180 16gb (planning ahead) and I do alot of gaming. While I do like ultrawide but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheRandomBrian, May 22, 2018.

1. Dual monitor or ultrawide?

Hey guys. I am stuck between decisions. I plan on getting the GTX 1180 16gb (planning ahead) and I do alot of gaming. While I do like ultrawide but I don't want to compromise frame rates. I would like to use obs or xsplit for streaming games for fun. Thing is, I would like to do 1440p gaming. I just got myself 8700k with 16gb 3200mhz trident z rgb ram. I have my system oc to 5.0ghz.

So the real concern is, which is more preferably reasonable? A 3440x1440p g sync monitor or 2x 1440p monitors (1x g sync tn for gaming and 1x ips for obs or xsplit and viewing comments). I can always view the comments on my phone so I don't care about viewing just comments on a separate monitor.

And if I do go dual monitor, do I have to get both of the same monitors and samw resolution? Suggestions? Tips?

Thanks again!

Ps- I have windows for gaming and Ubuntu for productivity.

:)

TheRandomBrian, May 22, 2018

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 22, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Dual monitor or ultrawide?

1. Dual monitor or ultrawide? - Similar Threads - Dual monitor ultrawide

2. Two monitors connected but they show as one ultrawide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors connected but they show as one ultrawide: I am using a Surface laptop 4 with it's dock to connect two external monitors. After not being able to load both displays when they are connected to the dock one shows, other is not detected I tried connecting one to the dock and one directly to the laptop's usb-c port and...
  3. Two monitors connected but they show as one ultrawide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors connected but they show as one ultrawide: I am using a Surface laptop 4 with it's dock to connect two external monitors. After not being able to load both displays when they are connected to the dock one shows, other is not detected I tried connecting one to the dock and one directly to the laptop's usb-c port and...
  4. No ultrawide monitor support after upgrading to 20H4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No ultrawide monitor support after upgrading to 20H4: I updated my computer Windows 10 Enterprise 2004 -> 20H4 last week. Ever since then, I can't get my LG 29 UM65-P to display in the correct 2560x1080 resolution. I've reinstalled the LG software SplitScreen and DualController 2.64 and updated the graphics card software to the...
  5. LG UltraWide Monitor Scale error

in Windows 10 Customization
    LG UltraWide Monitor Scale error: Hi, I recently connected my Surface Laptop 2 to an LG 29WL500 using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. I connected it and it worked fine, but the display is showing at 1920x1080 instead of 256x1504. The display also looks stretched instead of calibrating correctly. Any known...
  6. dual monitors

dual monitors: I'm working from home temporarily, my personal laptop desktop detects my second monitor and is working well. but when I access my work desktop via my personal laptop, it doesn't even detect a second monitor. in display settings, it doesn't even ask to detect a second monitor....
  7. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  8. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  9. dual monitors

dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  10. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f