Windows 10: Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.

Discus and support Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mathesar, Nov 1, 2016.

1. mathesar Win User

Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.

Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active.

If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the 2nd monitor loses its color calibration. Also anytime I reboot my PC (Even if I have both monitors active) the 2nd monitor loses my calibration.

The 2nd monitor has a fairly strong bias for the color Green so I can always tell right away.

I'm probably overlooking something and was hoping someone might of dealt with this before *Smile

:)

mathesar, Nov 1, 2016

2. How do I permanently save display color calibration on windows 10

Did some experiments...

I have laptop setup with two external monitors, one is possible to connect with VGA only and other is connected with HDMI.

We are talking only about laptop display color calibration, external monitors are calibrated by they own settings!

If I disconnect VGA while running, laptop display goes back to default color settings.

If HDMI the same...

If I use laptop without external monitors, restart, it goes back to default color calibration!!!

MarisBiedris, Nov 1, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
  4. davefaz Win User

I am not really an expert here, but I am wondering do you set the default calibration as well as the current calibration? I have always done that so I can't tell you whether it will cause your problems if you don't set it, but I can tell you that I have never had the issue you are having.

davefaz, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Gramps Win User
    Try going into Settings/System/Display/Advanced Display Settings and select Color Management. You can then assign your profile directly to the affected monitor. Might help, might not, but it sounds like Windows is not saving the calibration correctly.

Gramps, Nov 11, 2016
  6. MartinRJ Win User
    I am having this same issue on all of my Windows 10 PCs in all versions of Windows 10 I've ever had.

Every time I switch from 'main monitor only' to 'extend all monitors' or back, or similar, the calibration is lost.
    I've tried all troubleshooting-tips I could find, but wasn't able to fix this.

I also tried to set the color management settings to use "windows calibration", and went to "change system defaults" to set up the calibration there, but all of that also doesn't help.

I am tired of having to manually click the "reload current calibrations" button multiple times a day.

I had this issue with all driver versions, always. With Intel, NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. Everywhere.

MartinRJ, May 14, 2017
  7. mathesar Win User
    Wish I could say I figured it out but never had any luck, I searched all over the net and tried everything, I ended up making the adjustments on the monitor itself by tweaking the RGB and Gamma values via OSD (took awhile to get it right), I was able to remove the green bias this way but its really surprising Windows has such poor multi monitor support when it comes to software calibration.

mathesar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration. - Similar Threads - Dual monitor setup

2. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  3. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  4. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Calibrating the colors on my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating the colors on my monitor: I'm trying to calibrate the colors on my monitor. I have this monitor. I'm using the digital vibrance setting from nvidia's control panel, and the colors are great. The only problem is, that a few colors, in particular green, looks way too oversaturated. 177424
  6. Dual monitor setup

Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  7. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  8. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  10. Dual monitor colour calibration

Dual monitor colour calibration: I've been trying to figure this out for a decent amount of time and it's driving me nuts now. I have two identical brand and type of monitors, a Nvidia graphics card (1060) with the most up to date drivers (I already re-installed them). The monitors aren't aligned color-wise....