Windows 10: Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

Discus and support Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, Jun 11, 2018.

1. musiclover7 Win User

Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960...

Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this machine also serves as the secondary monitor for my work laptop, which is frequently plugged into it. Typically, if I have both machines plugged into it, there is a button I can press on the monitor which will switch between inputs. Trouble is, I sometimes can't get any picture on my main machine, until I power off the computer with the 7 second salute and turn it back on.

The main computer with the problem is connected to this monitor with display port.

Any advice appreciated!

:)

musiclover7, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Prabhavathi Patil Win User
    Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

1. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up?? - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor System

2. Dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  3. Dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...
  4. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: for a couple of years I have run a dual monitor set up in windows 10 on my dell inspiron. after a visiting relative plugged in her lap top to do some work at my house the next time I booted up the 2cnd monitor is not recognized. I have uninstalled the graphics card and...
  5. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dual-monitors/ce136aab-628a-4fba-bad7-c70b481412b5
  6. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  7. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  8. Monitor doesn't wake up

Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...
  9. 2nd monitor slow to wake up.

2nd monitor slow to wake up.: Lenovo B50 with W10. After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to the upgrade there were no issues. I have dual monitors and the #2 monitor takes 5+ minutes to wake up. It does this both...
  10. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: Hi All Setup Montitor 1: Dell UltraSharp U2718Q UltraHD 4k Montitor 2: Benq BL2711U 4k GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Dell: 60Hz Benq: 30Hz The issue is mainly in Adobe Lightroom. but have had display issues in Bluebeam Revu and Photoshop The Map & Web...