Windows 10: Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

Discus and support Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960...

Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this machine also serves as the secondary monitor for my work laptop, which is frequently plugged into it. Typically, if I have both machines plugged into it, there is a button I can press on the monitor which will switch between inputs. Trouble is, I sometimes can't get any picture on my main machine, until I power off the computer with the 7 second salute and turn it back on.

The main computer with the problem is connected to this monitor with display port.

Any advice appreciated!

:)

musiclover7, Jun 11, 2018

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

1. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up?? - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor System

2. My monitor won't wake on system boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My monitor won't wake on system boot up: My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 3881, Windows 10. Recently my monitor started failing to wake up when booting up my PC. The flashing light came on fine, but the monitor was just black and the usual Dell logo didn't appear. I changed some settings to try to resolve it. That only...
  3. My monitor won't wake on system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor won't wake on system boot up: My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 3881, Windows 10. Recently my monitor started failing to wake up when booting up my PC. The flashing light came on fine, but the monitor was just black and the usual Dell logo didn't appear. I changed some settings to try to resolve it. That only...
  4. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  5. Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.

Dual monitor BSOD when waking up or turning off main monitor.: As the title says, I get a BSOD every time I either turn off my main monitor or wake up my pc from sleep it seems like the second monitor wakes up first, and it "counts" as if my main monitor got turned off or something. I have my graphics drivers up to date and...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  7. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  8. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...
  10. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...