Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up??

Discus and support Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, Jun 11, 2018.

1. musiclover7 Win User

I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960...

Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this machine also serves as the secondary monitor for my work laptop, which is frequently plugged into it. Typically, if I have both machines plugged into it, there is a button I can press on the monitor which will switch between inputs. Trouble is, I sometimes can't get any picture on my main machine, until I power off the computer with the 7 second salute and turn it back on.

The main computer with the problem is connected to this monitor with display port.

Any advice appreciated!

:)

musiclover7, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Prabhavathi Patil Win User
    Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor sometimes won't wake up?? - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor System

2. Gamescom - New Alienware gaming desktops and Dell gaming monitors

in Windows 10 News
    Gamescom - New Alienware gaming desktops and Dell gaming monitors: Gamers both experienced and new now have more options to choose from in hardware, training and updates, with the launch of Alienware Aurora, NVIDIA and AMD graphics updates to Alienware Area 51; the availability of Alienware Academy; Alienware notebooks; and Dell gaming...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts: I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?[IMG]...
  4. DOIS JE ME SEPARER de la plateforme du microprocesseur pour reprendre la main sur MON...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOIS JE ME SEPARER de la plateforme du microprocesseur pour reprendre la main sur MON...: Mon matériel est pris en otage par une procédure abusive et je ne peux pas maitriser et comptabill billing biliser §§§§!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-money/dois-je-me-separer-de-la-plateforme-du/d5be357a-a306-4167-9cd9-ffa882d40ae9
  5. start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up screen: everytime I turn my desktop on a big white square that says notepad appears on screen why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/start-up-screen/2ea60d68-856b-4eaa-aed4-4b7c591dacdd
  6. a network problem in resource monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a network problem in resource monitor: in network resource monitor , adress network this is ( desktop-mjnd10a) what is it desktop-mjnd10a ؟ please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/a-network-problem-in-resource-monitor/2be7bfae-f224-4903-87b5-4b573e8edc84
  7. windows 10 - system configuartion

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 - system configuartion: system configuration will always start up in selective startup with both boxes checked,,, - load system services and load startup items ??...
  8. Start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start up: I am having an issue with my pc stsrting up. Everytime i turn it on it a blue screen appears saying that it could not start up correctly. I have tried restoring to an older system when it was working but apparently i do not have any saved. When i go in safe mode it allows me...
  9. computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse: So I have an extra monitor and when I hook it up it causes my computer to freeze every 2 seconds for about a second but ONLY when I move my mouse, if I keep my mouse still it works fine, iv tried unhooking the main monitor to see if it would do that on just the extra monitor...
  10. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...