Windows 10: Dual monitors causes crash

Discus and support Dual monitors causes crash in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Upgraded my system with 2x Dell U2415Q (run on GTX 970). When I have both moniters turned on and they go to sleep. Windows crashes when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xtrem, Jul 12, 2015.

1. xtrem Win User

Dual monitors causes crash

Upgraded my system with 2x Dell U2415Q (run on GTX 970).

When I have both moniters turned on and they go to sleep. Windows crashes when I try to wake them up (they are stuck in sleep mode and looking for signal).

If I turn of either one of them 10166 (and all builds I tested) works perfect.

Is it a NVIDIA (I have latest drivers and hot fix) driver problem or Win 10?

:)

xtrem, Jul 12, 2015

2. Issues while using Dual Monitors

I had my dual monitors working fine but after a crash and re-install Its a nightmare. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I need them.

VallerieGordon, Jul 12, 2015
  3. BrianID Win User
    Windows 10 freezes randomly during usage post-install

I've isolated the crashing/freezing to occur only when in the "extend" mode using dual monitors. No crashing in "duplicate" mode thus far. I attempted to update all drivers today for all devices and they all appear to be "current".

BrianID, Jul 12, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Don't know what to tell you. I have a GTX 650, with 3 monitors (2 DVI, one HDMI) and it works fine. Do you, by any chance, have it configured for... I forget what NVidia calls it, but where it's one giant desktop rather than 2 individual desktops?

Mystere, Jul 12, 2015
  5. davec3671 Win User
    I have the same problem with two Viewsonic monitors one a VA2212M and one a TD2220 and a Navida GeForce GTX 460 SE, but mine will not come out of sleep, I have to shut it down and restart the computer.
    I have had this problem in all of the builds.

davec3671, Jul 14, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Dual monitors worked fine when I was using Windows 10 but I have a 970.

swarfega, Jul 14, 2015
  7. xtrem Win User
    I have 970, you call that old?

xtrem, Jul 14, 2015
  8. xtrem Win User

I installed the latest intel-chipset beta from station-drivers (10.1.1.18) and the nvidia hot fix. I think it might have helped..

Chipset Device Software

xtrem, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual monitors causes crash - Similar Threads - Dual monitors causes

2. Dual Monitor Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Crashing: So I have a dual monitor setup, one is a newer Samsung, the other is an older Viore (just something i had in the house). When i load up the CPU, both monitors are up (the second one is plugged in using an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter) But when i load up discord, it crashes the...
  3. Dual monitor slideshow causing lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor slideshow causing lag: Windows stutters for a bit when wallpaper changes. Extremely irritating in games. I have slideshow enabled, which pulls wallpapers from a folder with ~100 wallpapers for both screens. I've searched the internet through and through, but wasn't able to find a fix. Wallpaper...
  4. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  5. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  6. Dual Monitors appear to be causing some gltiches.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors appear to be causing some gltiches.: When my second monitor is unplugged my non-windows calendar will work although I'd like for it and everything to work without bugs with both monitors plugged in and no funky stuff. Sometimes, chess will show being open with the second plugged in and turned off, turn it on,...
  7. Dual Monitors appear to be causing some gltiches.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitors appear to be causing some gltiches.: When my second monitor is unplugged my non-windows calendar will work although I'd like for it and everything to work without bugs with both monitors plugged in and no funky stuff. Sometimes, chess will show being open with the second plugged in and turned off, turn it on,...
  8. Dual monitor config causing coolers going crazy?

Dual monitor config causing coolers going crazy?: I realize Dell's forums would suit better for this particular issue, but they have some login issues, so posting there is not possible... I'm running Dell XPS 9550 with TB16 dock and for the past two years I used it with a single 4K external display only. This Monday I've...
  9. Dual monitors crashed my GPU?

Dual monitors crashed my GPU?: So I tried setting up my Windows 10 computer with dual screens. Main monitor is connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable, with HDMI plugged into the PC. Second monitor connected via DVI cable on both ends. Both were plugged into the GPU (XFX Radeon R9 380) before I powered the PC back...
  10. dual monitors causing issues with each other

dual monitors causing issues with each other: so the issue im having is so very far beyond bizzare to me. i will try to give as much detail as possible though. i just recently installed windows 10 on a brand new SSD without any previous OS installed. i also just bought a new shiny 4K TV but am still using my Acer...