Windows 10: Dual monitors crashed my GPU?

Discus and support Dual monitors crashed my GPU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I tried setting up my Windows 10 computer with dual screens. Main monitor is connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable, with HDMI plugged into the PC. Second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Mrbigstuph1645, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Dual monitors crashed my GPU?

So I tried setting up my Windows 10 computer with dual screens. Main monitor is connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable, with HDMI plugged into the PC. Second monitor connected via DVI cable on both ends. Both were plugged into the GPU (XFX Radeon R9 380) before I powered the PC back on.

When I powered the computer on with both monitors plugged in, everything seemed okay. Motherboard info screen loaded, Windows 10 "loading screen showed, and the music that accompanies the Windows 10 login screen started. However, it cut out about halfway through, and then the computer showed a flashing "loading" mouse. I tried doing the monitor plugs in different slots, then switched to only the main one plugged in.

So is my GPU messed up? Or is the problem something else altogether?

EDIT: It's not the GPU, I switched to an older one and the problem persists. I can't even boot it into Safe Mode.

:)

Mrbigstuph1645, Sep 1, 2016

2. Issues while using Dual Monitors

I had my dual monitors working fine but after a crash and re-install Its a nightmare. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I need them.

VallerieGordon, Sep 1, 2016
  3. BrianID Win User
    Windows 10 freezes randomly during usage post-install

I've isolated the crashing/freezing to occur only when in the "extend" mode using dual monitors. No crashing in "duplicate" mode thus far. I attempted to update all drivers today for all devices and they all appear to be "current".

BrianID, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

Dual monitors crashed my GPU?

1. Dual monitors crashed my GPU? - Similar Threads - Dual monitors crashed

2. Can't use dedicated GPU for dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use dedicated GPU for dual monitor setup: I have a DELL Precision 5520 notebook with an integrated IntelR HD Graphics 530 GPU and a dedicated Nvidia Quadro M1200 GPU and I have two screens through a DELL WD19S docking station, both screens connected via display port. I'm trying to force my Windows to use the...
  3. Can't use dedicated GPU for dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use dedicated GPU for dual monitor setup: I have a DELL Precision 5520 notebook with an integrated IntelR HD Graphics 530 GPU and a dedicated Nvidia Quadro M1200 GPU and I have two screens through a DELL WD19S docking station, both screens connected via display port. I'm trying to force my Windows to use the...
  4. Can't use dedicated GPU for dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 with dual RX580 GPU installed , secondary GPU's monitors not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with dual RX580 GPU installed , secondary GPU's monitors not detected: Hi, I have two RX580 installed, worked like a charm in Win10 with no patches. I've just upgraded from Win10 to Win11, monitors connected to the secondary GPU do not work.I've tried to run SFC, reinstall drivers, reconnect monitors, change graphic settings - nothing works. At...
  6. Windows 11 with dual RX580 GPU installed , secondary GPU's monitors not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 with dual RX580 GPU installed , secondary GPU's monitors not detected: Hi, I have two RX580 installed, worked like a charm in Win10 with no patches. I've just upgraded from Win10 to Win11, monitors connected to the secondary GPU do not work.I've tried to run SFC, reinstall drivers, reconnect monitors, change graphic settings - nothing works. At...
  7. Dual Monitor Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Crashing: So I have a dual monitor setup, one is a newer Samsung, the other is an older Viore (just something i had in the house). When i load up the CPU, both monitors are up (the second one is plugged in using an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter) But when i load up discord, it crashes the...
  8. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  9. Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc: So, Im running a dual monitor setup on the moment but not actually using the second one because it's not working, still, when i try to turn of the second monitor from my computer and remove the vga cable, the computer stays well for a few minutes but at the moment that i open...
  10. Dual monitors causes crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors causes crash: Upgraded my system with 2x Dell U2415Q (run on GTX 970). When I have both moniters turned on and they go to sleep. Windows crashes when I try to wake them up (they are stuck in sleep mode and looking for signal). If I turn of either one of them 10166 (and all builds I...