Windows 10: Dual Monitors flashing on and off

Discus and support Dual Monitors flashing on and off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by luke1574f, Aug 7, 2015.

1. luke1574f Win User

Dual Monitors flashing on and off

I have dual monitors on my gaming pc and acer and a asus, they are both relatively new but i have a problem, when im in a game they will both cut to black then turn back on saying what there plugged in through (DVI and HDMI) both are plugged into my graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 760) if there is any fix please let me know or ill haft to resort to just 1 monitor.

there is no issue when i have just 1 monitor plugged in just 2 and i have no integrated graphics to my mother board.

:)

luke1574f, Aug 7, 2015

2. Dual Monitors randomly turning off then on

The Graphics card is internal. So, if it makes the noise you are saying, does that mean is the the Graphics card? And if it is the Graphics card, the only fix would be a motherboard replacement right? Unless i want to install an aftermarket graphics card.

VernonButler, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Dual Monitors randomly turning off then on

So i have a user using a Dell Optiplex 7040 on Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit OS. The user complained of her 2 monitors turning off then off randomly while she was working. When the monitors would come back up, all her icons would be rearranged either all
    on one monitor or the other. The 2 monitors she had were rather old and were both using a display port to VGA adapter. I decided to just replace both monitors with 2 brand new Dell P2217H monitors. These monitors had a display port so there was no need for
    adapters any more. I went to check on the user to make sure everything was good and she said it was better. She said that while the monitors still turn off briefly from time to time, her icons no longer are rearranged. I got on her PC and made sure that both
    video drivers are updated, which they were. Basically the same issue is happening, on 2 totally different monitors, so this tells me its the PC, but what? Drivers are updated, the cables are new, and the problem intermittently. Sometimes just the right monitor
    will turn off and the left will stay on, and other times the left monitors turns off and the right stays on. Never together. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

VernonButler, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Petey7 Win User

Make sure you have the newest Nvidia driver for Windows 10 installed. Also, can you give us some more specifics on your hardware setup? Does it happen in all games, or only some? Which games are you playing? It sounds like the graphics card is having trouble processing two screens when gaming. The 760 shouldn't have an issue with this with most games.

Petey7, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Dual Monitors flashing on and off - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors flashing

2. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  3. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  4. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS Monitor display flashing on and off: Hi -- I know there must be something about this display problem here in this section as there is 953 pages on monitors, but using Search, is not giving any results (eg it won't accept the words "on" "and" or "off"), "Flashing", gives no results etc. That's just as an aside...
  6. Dual display flashing

Dual display flashing: Hello. First post on the forum and already asking for help, sorry. I have a dual display setup which works fine when display is mirrored but which causes both displays to flash on/off when extended. Any open windows remain on screen without flashing on/off. Both displays...
  7. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  8. Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Flashing On and Off When Computer is Cold: My wife's HP desktop PC, running Windows 10 Home Edition, is flashing the display on for half a second then off for a few seconds on boot up. This has been going on for about six months. When it started, it would do this for a few minutes, then stabilize as if something had...
  9. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...
  10. Dual monitors cycling on and off

Dual monitors cycling on and off: I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my monitors. I am running a HP 8560W laptop hooked up to a docking station that has dual video outputs. I had dual AOC monitors hooked up with DVI cables before and they worked just fine. I upgraded to dual HP 27ea...