Windows 10: Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only

Discus and support Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Sorry if this is the wrong place, but this is driving me insane. Yesterday I added a second monitor via HDMI to my machine (the original is via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by slb609, Mar 21, 2018.

1. slb609 Win User

Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but this is driving me insane.

Yesterday I added a second monitor via HDMI to my machine (the original is via VGA). I couldn't get the HDMI one to fill the whole screen, so I was playing with a lot of things (google isn't always good) and will have inadvertently done something stupid (including drivers updates etc). I finally figured out that despite what it said on the box, it doesn't cope with the right resolution, so I reduced it - all good so far.

Then while I was typing somewhere, I hit ctrl+shift+left, and the screen flipped. I figured out to do UP, and all went back to normal. Problem is I use that key combo a lot, and can't switch it off. It doesn't work with CTRL+ALT combination, only CTRL+SHIFT. It also doesn't happen on either of the other two accounts on this PC. I've compared the drivers in use, and they're all using the same version. The hotkeys are completely disabled for the other accounts, it would seem, and only on my account (where I was doing all the messing around).

Any ideas how to switch off the hotkeys? I have no "graphics" option on right click of the desktop, and nothing in the system tray. I also can't roll back drivers, it would seem.

I'm running Windows 10 (Ver 10.0.16299), on an ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 desktop, AMD Bulldozer FX-6300 6 Core 3.5Ghz with the inbuilt ATI Radeon 3000 GPU (driver ver 8.970.100.9001).

I guess worst case is I could delete the account and recreate it, but I'm concerned that a) that won't fix it and b) I'm stupid - I'll do it again.

:)

slb609, Mar 21, 2018

2. Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

I have a PC with windows 10 setup with 4 monitors and multiple user accounts, I would like to know if it is possible to set certain user accounts to use only a certain monitor or monitors?

for example:

• One user just plays games so when they log on it doesn't turn on all the monitors but only one (a 42" TV).
    • Another user, uses three monitors but has no need for the TV.

JamesSalisbury01, Mar 21, 2018
  3. DZippy1 Win User
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation after installing creators update.

After a lot of blind trial and error I discovered the error would not occur if I only had one of my two monitors active on my Nvidia GTX 690 graphics card. I'm not sure I would blame the card or the driver, since the dual monitor setup worked fine fine
    in Windows 10 for years before the Creators Update. Additionally, reverting to the Windows 10 build prior to the update allowed the dual monitor setup to work without the error.

TLDR: Workaround in my case is to either use only one monitor, revert to earlier build and disable all future updates, or buy a new graphics card.

DZippy1, Mar 21, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only

1. Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors hotkeys

2. Dual Monitor Setup - Can only use one at a time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor Setup - Can only use one at a time: I recently got an upgraded second monitor. I previously had my main monitor connected to my GPU with a DP cable and my second monitor connected to the GPU with a HDMI. This worked fine.Now when I connect my new second monitor via HDMI it only one shows at a time. If I make...
  3. Dual Monitor Setup - Can only use one at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup - Can only use one at a time: I recently got an upgraded second monitor. I previously had my main monitor connected to my GPU with a DP cable and my second monitor connected to the GPU with a HDMI. This worked fine.Now when I connect my new second monitor via HDMI it only one shows at a time. If I make...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  5. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  6. Problem only on one Windows user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem only on one Windows user account: I bought a video game from Steam last week: Dying Light 2. When I launched the game, when it didn't crash instantly, I would be able to navigate the menu and start a game but when the game start, I can only see the HUD everything else was black. I have hundreds of games and...
  7. Problem only on one Windows user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem only on one Windows user account: I bought a video game from Steam last week: Dying Light 2. When I launched the game, when it didn't crash instantly, I would be able to navigate the menu and start a game but when the game start, I can only see the HUD everything else was black. I have hundreds of games and...
  8. Slideshow on dual monitors - different wallpapers, only changes on one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slideshow on dual monitors - different wallpapers, only changes on one: I have two monitors and I have it set so there is a different wallpaper on each screen. I want to use slideshow mode so that both wallpapers will change every day. However, when I enable it, only one of the wallpapers changes; the other wallpaper always stays the same. How...
  9. Make Taskbar Display On Only One Monitor in Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Taskbar Display On Only One Monitor in Dual Monitor Setup: I have dual monitors. The Taskbar appears on both monitors (top, bottom, right or left, as specified). Is there a way to have the Taskbar appear only on one monitor? 76699
  10. Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Macro/hotkey dual monitor to triple (duplicate) monitor setup: Hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 3 monitors attached to a GTX770. 2xDell U2715H monitors (1440p) - work monitors 1xPhilips 1080p monitor - client monitor. Two monitors are used all the time for work in a dual monitor setup. The third monitor is placed away from me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asm100 hdmi in hotkey not working on other accounts