Windows 10: Dual Monitors not working with update

Discus and support Dual Monitors not working with update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; i was previously on windows 8.1 and i had my dual monitors working just fine, after i upgraded to windows 10 my second monitor (wired with hdmi) doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ahovzz, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ahovzz Win User

Dual Monitors not working with update

i was previously on windows 8.1 and i had my dual monitors working just fine, after i upgraded to windows 10 my second monitor (wired with hdmi) doesnt work but the one with Dvi does

:)

ahovzz, Jul 1, 2015

2. Dual monitors with HDMI not working

Hello,

I tried the steps above, but my TV is still not being detected. HDMI is the only option to connect it to my desktop. I have tried every external input on my TV (though I connected it to HDMI 2) and still nothing comes up.

Anthony3494, Jul 1, 2015
  3. Dual monitors with HDMI not working

I have a Dell XPS 4790 with a NVIDIA GTX 745. From what I've read, this should allow me to use up to 3 monitors at once. Right now, I have only one monitor connected using DVI. However, when I try plugging in my TV using the HDMI port, it is not detected.
    I've even unplugged the DVI monitor and tried just HDMI, but nothing registered.

I know the TV and HDMI cable are in working order, because I frequently connect my Dell Inspiron 17R laptop to this TV using its HDMI port. So, why is my tower having issues detecting the TV?

Anthony3494, Jul 1, 2015
  4. Dual Monitors not working with update

Do you have the latest build yet, 10159 seems to be fine for duel monitor support on my system, but was not working on previous builds.

mantronics, Jul 1, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    What about GPU drivers ?

CountMike, Jul 1, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Multiple monitors work fine, but the default (basic) display driver won't support them. You have to use Windows Update to get the most recent version of your drivers.

Mystere, Jul 1, 2015
  7. tgiphil Win User
    tgiphil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitors not working with update

1. Dual Monitors not working with update - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors working

2. Dual monitor not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor not working.: I recently bought a 2 hdmi port connected to a usb c, so I could use 2 monitors on my asus laptop, when I plug it in with the 2 monitors connected to the little box and that’s plugged in it just says USB not recognised, iv tried video after video with updating stuff but it’s...
  3. Dual monitor not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor not working.: I recently bought a 2 hdmi port connected to a usb c, so I could use 2 monitors on my asus laptop, when I plug it in with the 2 monitors connected to the little box and that’s plugged in it just says USB not recognised, iv tried video after video with updating stuff but it’s...
  4. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  5. dual monitor not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor not working after latest update: my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-not-working-after-latest-update/07c08b35-2ee3-4f46-844d-eafd39803c43
  6. Dual monitors not working

Dual monitors not working: I have a Windows 10 laptop and am trying to set up dual monitors to help me work from home. One is a new monitor bought last week, and connects via HDMI. The other is an older Acer monitor on a VGA cable, which I have bought and HDMI adapter to connect both monitors to the...
  7. dual monitors not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual monitors not working: just bought a new dell inspirion all in one desktop and a new dell monitor the desktop has USB and HDMI ports only the monitor has a display port only I got a cable that has hdmi on 1 end and display port on the other end plugged it in computer doesn't see the...
  8. Dual Monitor not working

Dual Monitor not working: I have a surface pro with a dual monitor. All working fine. I've been away for 1 week with my pro and on my return the second monitor is not detected and not working. The monitor displays "no signal detrected" I have rebooted everything monitor still not detected....
  9. Dual monitors will not work

Dual monitors will not work: I downloaded Windows 10 version 1903 and now my Dual monitors will not work with laptop monitor. I have disabled the display adapter - AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics and I then can get my dual monitors working BUT there is a black screen on my laptop. It will not detect...
  10. Dual Monitors will not work

Dual Monitors will not work: Hello, I have an issue to where i have dual monitors yet only one can display at a time, i connect both to an HDMI, yet only one will be displaying something, there are three HDMI ports, an HDMI 1, HDMI 2, and another port that is not labeled HDMI yet you can only plug HDMI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ver1809 4k resolution error