Windows 10: Dual Monitors

Discus and support Dual Monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All Setup Montitor 1: Dell UltraSharp U2718Q UltraHD 4k Montitor 2: Benq BL2711U 4k GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Dell: 60Hz Benq:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by KevinUK, Sep 29, 2017.

1. KevinUK Win User

Dual Monitors

Hi All
    Setup
    Montitor 1: Dell UltraSharp U2718Q UltraHD 4k
    Montitor 2: Benq BL2711U 4k
    GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Dell: 60Hz
    Benq: 30Hz

The issue is mainly in Adobe Lightroom. but have had display issues in Bluebeam Revu and Photoshop
    The Map & Web modules do not display correctly, see attached picture (Lightroom-Map Module) as you can see the map should be in the center of the module. See below
    If you drag Lightroom from one monitor to the other I also get display issues?

Dual Monitors [​IMG]

If I right click a photo in lightroom and select edit in photoshop I also get display issues in Photoshop (Note: Photoshop is not running when I selected edit in photoshop). See the attached picture (Edit in Photoshop) below. If Photoshop is running it is not an issue?

Dual Monitors [​IMG]

In Lightroom under the performance tab, I am not using the Graphics Processor. If I do enable the GPU I get issues.

As I mentioned earlier it is not just affecting Adobe products.

I have asked on Adobe forums, but please note that this was with a different monitor. See the link below, I did not receive a response?

Dual monitors & Lightroom | Adobe Community

After a chat with Adobe and changing the resolution on my old set up (the setup in the link above) to the settings below, they come to a conclussion that it was a resolution issue as the modules were displaying correctly.

Benq BL2711U 3840 x 2160 : Resolution 1920 x 1200
    Dell U2415 1920 x 1200 : Resolution 1920 x 1200

The product seem to work? I doubt now that it was a resolution issue as I am now running two 4k monitors. So it is either an Adobe issue or a ​graphics card issue.
    Apologies if this is long winded or I have not explained it correctly.

Kevin

:)

KevinUK, Sep 29, 2017

2. windows to tv

Windows cannot be installed on your TV, but you could connect it as a second monitor or primary monitor. See how to setup a dual display configuration:

Windows 10 Tip: Configure a Dual Monitor Setup - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto-windows-10-dua...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 29, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Dual Monitors

Try right clicking your program's .exe file, select properties open the compatibility tab, and set "Override high DPI scaling..." and set it to System Enhanced:

Dual Monitors [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Correction, not the .exe, i meant the shortcut/icon.

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2017
  6. KevinUK Win User
    Cliff S

The program exe file properties is as your post.
    Kevin

KevinUK, Sep 29, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Have you tried the different compatibility settings?

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2017
  8. KevinUK Win User

Dual Monitors

Cliff S

Changed it to "system" and everything seems to work OK, that was a quick fix. Thank you.

What is the "Application" choice and which one would be preferable!

Kevin

KevinUK, Sep 29, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Maybe this tutorial from @Change Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Also from Windows Blogs: High-DPI Scaling Improvements for Desktop Applications in the Windows 10 Creators Update - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dual Monitors

1. Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - Dual Monitors

2. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor: I'm using Windows 10 and using ControlMyMonitor tool, I found that "\\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" bacome "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" and "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" became "\\.\DISPLAY3\Monitor0", I mean display number has been added by 1 for each. But in Windows settings, identify in...
  3. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor: I'm using Windows 10 and using ControlMyMonitor tool, I found that "\\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" bacome "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" and "\\.\DISPLAY2\Monitor0" became "\\.\DISPLAY3\Monitor0", I mean display number has been added by 1 for each. But in Windows settings, identify in...
  4. Display number added by 1 for both dual monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  6. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  7. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  8. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  9. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a