Windows 10: Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing.

Discus and support Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello All I have a dual screen setup, with my desktop extended to a second monitor. A week or so after updating windows 10 with the creators update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ecoh419, May 29, 2017.

1. ecoh419 Win User

Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing.

Hello All

I have a dual screen setup, with my desktop extended to a second monitor. A week or so after updating windows 10 with the creators update my dual screen set up is experiencing a large horizontal line traveling up one of my displays with shaking below. I have attached an image.

Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing. [​IMG]

This first happened on my primary display (29" Asus connect with display port). After rebooting the tearing then moved over to my secondary display where it has remained for the last week intermittently. (Samsung 22" connected with a VGA to DVI adapter). Both Monitors are connected to my ATI R9 270.

I have ruled out the display hardware as this issue goes away in safe mode. If I set my computer to only use one display either the 22" or 29", the issue is gone. I have also connected to another computer (mac book pro) and the tearing does not persist.

Other things I have tried:

• Reboot
    • Shut down
    • Pulled power cords from monitors and pc for 30 minutes
    • Update graphics card driver
    • Reinstall graphic card driver
    • Try different connectors
    • Uninstall display device in hardware manager

Any and all help is appreciated as this one is really driving my nuts!

:)

ecoh419, May 29, 2017

2. Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Display Problem(Yellow TINT)

Hi I bought Lumia 630 dual sim a week ago. And now suddenly I see a horizontal lines all over my screen. What should be the cause of it. The phone has not been dropped at all suddenly while texting these lines appeared and I am suspecious. The touch is
    working fine but the lines keeps coming time to time.. I tried to reset my phone but no use.. Can I replace with a new one or should I give this phone for repairing?

danieltamang, May 29, 2017
  3. Gipnokote Win User
    Screen picture tearing

Recently I started to notice that after some time the picture on the screen starts to tear like in the computer games when you have VSync disabled. The tearing is always right in the middle of the screen, it's horizontal. It is most noticable when you swype
    the screen slowly from side to side, or scroll an internet page. Firmware is updated to PR1.2

Switching off and on helps for a day or so and then it emerges again.

Does anyone know what it could be? I can also make a video of this effect when I encounter it again.

Gipnokote, May 29, 2017
  4. ecoh419 Win User

Does anyone have any Ideas? This issue also goes away in safe mode. It also goes away if I mirror my main display with my secondary display.

ecoh419, Jun 11, 2017
  5. ecoh419 Win User
    People, please I beg you this is driving my bonkers!

ecoh419, Jun 19, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    That is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.
    I guess I would be contacting the graphics card manufacturer for troubleshooting on that one. Seems like you've tried everything else I can think of. The only other thing would be to put the card in another machine and see if you can replicate the problem.

simrick, Jun 19, 2017
  7. ecoh419 Win User
    If that were true, would the problem not get worse under load?

ecoh419, Jul 1, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

Have you contacted the card manufacturer? Perhaps they have a BETA driver which you could try?

simrick, Jul 2, 2017
  9. ecoh419 Win User
    I have tried Beta Drivers with not luck. Since this problem has stated there have been 2 regular updates, which I have applied. Again with no luck.

ecoh419, Jul 2, 2017
  10. Wynona Win User
    Have you tried a clean install? That's about all I can think of.

Wynona, Jul 3, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    Have you used DDU to get rid of all traces of previous drivers before installing the new ones?
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7

simrick, Jul 3, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    Do this check (if you didn't already): Make a screen shot and look at the picture. If there are no lines on it than its up to GPU, cable or monitor itself. If you can see lines that it could be because of drivers or system.
    In safe mode 3D section and processor are not working, only 2D which is separate processor.

CountMike, Jul 3, 2017
  13. Helmut Win User

That maybe in some way related to the use of a VGA connection. The vertical sync is not quite right in the bottom half of the screen.

An old-un like me has seen that sort of thing countless times on older analogue TVs, round the back and twiddle the vertical hold.

At least that's what your picture looks like. I don't call that tearing.

The VGA connection is now legacy, so whether your video Card or driver application, and/or VGA to DVI adapter has facilities for changing timing I would not know.

The cable quality matters more for VGA, try changing that particular length though that maybe next to zero depending on where the adapter is.

That's all I know. Just throwing out ideas that have not been mentioned.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing. - Similar Threads - Dual Screen horizontal

2. Unusual Horizontal line on screen!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Horizontal line on screen!: A little bit of background:Suddenly, I was facing some issues with screen flickering and all in Windows10Updated the driversSet the refresh rateI then updated it to Windows 11The issue was somewhat resolved after changing the refresh rate and allBut I am witnessing this line,...
  3. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  4. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal lines in my screen: At the top of my desktop screen there are three lines that is showing after booting. This lines shows after boot process. I have desktop which runs Windows 10 and I dont know why I get this. I check the settings and tried some adjustment like changing resolution and scale but...
  5. Horizontal lines in my screen

Horizontal lines in my screen: At the top of my desktop screen there are three lines that is showing after booting. This lines shows after boot process. I have desktop which runs Windows 10 and I dont know why I get this. I check the settings and tried some adjustment like changing resolution and scale but...
  6. Horizontal lines on my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horizontal lines on my screen: This might actually be really easy to fix but I can't put thought into it right now. So there's these horizontal lines all across my screen, they are pretty opaque , and most importantly they are not static, meaning when I scroll down or scroll up they move along with the...
  7. Horizontal line on screen

Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  8. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where there are multiple grey lines appearing on my monitor. I tried to fix this by updating all of my graphics drivers, restarting my computer, and even changing the Display Port cable, to no avail. The lines are less noticeable in browser windows....
  9. Green horizontal line on the screen

Green horizontal line on the screen: I was connecting my laptop to a Smart TV Screen when a horizontal green line appeared on my laptop screen. No prior accident in my laptop happened. Can I troubleshoot anything on my laptop before I resort to screen replacement?...
  10. horizontal red lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...